Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I caught numerous Kingfish on bloodworms the past 4 days at the South end of 3R's in Bethany. They were about the only fish biting, except for cow nosed rays.
Ever try to bring in a 50lb + ray on 12 pound test on a 4.5 foot rod? My arms are still killing me!

·
Registered
585 Posts
My wife and I caught three today at the pier at Cape Henlopen! I have never seen them in the bay before. My understanding is that they are rarely caught in bay areas as they prefer the surf. I saw another fellow catch one also. I'll be frying them up in the AM.

·
Registered
680 Posts
mark. they have been getting them in the surf around the inlet and in bethany. call B & R. check to see if bloodworms are available yet. they ran out over the weekend here, and there are a lot of spot and small croakers showing. the local supply got left on the tarmak at bostonairport and got cooked in the sun..there will be sun dried bloods for sale soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.