Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out yesterday on the boat. Left out of Huntington Beach, Newport News. Got out to the James River Bridge got nothing. Went over to the Monitor nothing but a few small Sea Bass and a small Speck. Then went over to the HRBT and nothing. Headed back to Newport News and called it a day. Did the recent weather run all the fish away? I've never had a day on the boat where we left with absolutely nothing. Anyone been having any success anywhere else? I'm looking to go back out on Saturday.

Bait used:
Mullet, Menhaden, Shrimp, Squid, Bloodworms, Bloodworms Fish bites

·
Registered
929 Posts
Went out yesterday on the boat.

Bait used:
Mullet, Menhaden, Shrimp, Squid, Bloodworms, Bloodworms Fish bites

You on a boat opening striper season week using cut bait and have no bait For togs As well .. I see why you had no success. What were you targeting croakers and spot .lol j-k ....I ve had no isuues catching fish and you went to the right spots..imo you should had fiddlers for your bait and tried some pylons .need to run some stretches in the light lines around,the bridges and thrown some storms into the tunnels rocks. Stripers are out and so are togs but you should of at least had some croakers.... The cold ditch isn't producing yet . trout and puppys are scarce right now in the Elizabeth River only ones I've heard of being caught are by the great bridge locks which doesn't happen much which was kinda hard fur me to believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts