Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming down the first week of October, gonna do some pier fishing and was wondering if anyone knew if the king mackerel will be available?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Assuming you intend to use a pin rig, some of the piers don't even allow them after I think Sept. 30. With bull drum now being hooked they can cause some problems.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I havent seen a report of a bull drum yet. I know the big red drum a being caught regularly along with puppy drum.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm coming down the first week of October, gonna do some pier fishing and was wondering if anyone knew if the king mackerel will be available?
Ole Pier rat ask's ,,, Which "beach or Pier" do you plan on fishing??
We recently caught OUR first King of the year on the North pier, Carolina Beach.. 26 lbs
JMP just caught they're first one this past week..
Almost ALL the Piers up & down the Coast have had a "Dismal" year so far..:(
Even the "King of Piers" OCP on Oak Island, doesn't even have I think much more than 10 this whole year..
I'm going to venture & opine, it'll be hit & miss, depending if these Blasted SW wind(s) ever quit blowing...
Water Temps have crept upwards the past couple weeks into the high 70's again (80~79)
I'd wait until at least mid-Oct the way things are happening.. Then MAYBE at least you MIGHT get into a "Varity" of fish to catch....
Presumably a couple days after a good cold front or 2, with Light NE wind(s)....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts