Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The “2004 Rockfish Challenge” is scheduled for April 3, 2004 at Sandy Point State Park on Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay. This is the perfect time to catch the season’s largest stripers from shore before they head back out to sea. As usual, there are (10) ways to win cash with all proceeds funding future events and charitable projects.

If you’ve ever fished Sandy Point, you know that space is limited so it is best if you register early. Registration and complete information is available on our website. We look forward to seeing you there.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
dagnagit

I have class that day until noon in DC. I was all excited to do it too. I'll have to fish the day before and catch all the fish so you won't get any. It's the last class of the semester. If only the challenge was the next week...
Good luck--sounds like a great event.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Spots to fish...

James,

Does the contest include fishing on all the jetties at SPSP or just the fishing beach area (dividing tree to small boat launch)?

Sandcrab

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HuskyMD,
It is a shame that you can’t make it. We expect to see the usual big boys landed all day.

Sandcrab,
It includes the fishing area near the bridge (1,100 feet) and the area from the small craft launch (SCL) to the fence on the left (900 feet). We have an option to expand into other areas depending on the number registrations. The jetty by the bridge is out at this time. However, the two jetties to the left of the SCL are available for fishing at this time. Each jetty requires a separate judge to avoid harming the fish in a long fight.

It would be nice if people remember to use circle hooks and wear waders or tall boots so we can keep the fish in the water for a save release.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts