Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lots of good places to fish in the Chesapeake Bay. What's your favorite pier? :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey Sandcrab,
I have to pick NBP or Breezy Point, main reason is there only 40mins or so from me and I catch fish at both.

I like fishing most anyplace and know you need to give a place more than one shot to learn the in's and out's. If someone go's someplace gets skunked and won't go back, it's the fisherperson not the spot.

You can catch fish most anyplace, if you take the time to learn what works. I think you said it all in another post, it's called paying your due's....Tightlines

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
NB

I still have to go with the sentimental favorite--NB. Learned to fish there. Thanks TurboAndy, God rest his soul (at least his screen name's soul as he doesn't post here now).

Also the only place on the bay I've caught good trout.

Plus, got to love all the noise from the concerts on Friday nights :confused:

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys I love Matapeak in the Spring. Lots of stripers during the catch-and-release season on bloodworms...but that one visit to "The Tank" really changed me. :D

I'm hooked and look forward to my next fishing trip on.... sometime next month...

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I wish some of the folks who live in VA and S. MD had a chance to fish the Tank. IMHO it's the premier land based fishing site on the Chesapeake. I used to feel the same way about the catwalk at Conowingo Dam until they closed it down after 9/11.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Thats the only pier I know of in Deleware.Bennets Pier I heard isn't even a pier.The best pier in Maryland(hard choice theres lots of them)but the Choptank is the best dam pier in Maryland.I like the Fall run of Trout,and Stripers

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hey Duke, sure Delaware counts. I'd like to know more about the Cape pier since we're going to be moving down that way in about 2 yrs. Sandcrab is pushing Delaware sites so let us know a little about your pier.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
You got to be kidding me Husky,Noise concerts at NB.You call that a fishing hole:rolleyes: :p .Did the cops shut the party down;sounds like fun.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The photo is right off the "Hot Spots" listing for Choptank Pier. Guess Flea had a moment of silence when he was fishing on the pier and took advantage of it...

·
Registered
681 Posts
I don't know what is big deal about choptank. this year, i went to Matapeake and romancoke about 15 time each and caught average of 15-20 fish between me and my friends. I had same success in choptank but also had about 15 mosquito bites. Only thing better in Choptank than other piers are probable space.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
WELL.......................

Metapeake and SPSP early spring.

Choptank in the fall.

I can't disagree with these choices.

But for the whole year, I'm still going to NB. Where else can I fish and watch Jerry Springer being filmed at the same time.

Happy,
No, this was a town sponsored event! Concert on the pier. Go figure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts