Pier and Surf Forum banner

Whats your favorite bait for shore or pier angling?

• Plastics

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mussels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worms (Blood)

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Sand Crabs

• Squid

• Cut bait

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Hard Baits

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Worm (Red/Night)

• Other

• Live bait (etc.)

Votes: 21 37.5%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Well for pier I like live bait to liveline, but from shore cut bait is always a must for most fishing trips.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I like the live bait because i'm usually going for flounder or Kings from the pier, very seldom surf fish but when I do i'll have one with cut shrimp, fish or bloodworms and one with a live minnow.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Live shrimp and Mullet........or very fresh shrimp and fresh mullet. Allways fresh never frozen.

·
Registered
251 Posts
CUTBAIT

Just like forrest always says---It's like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what ya gonna get.

And always keep the ever popular squid for back-up

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Cut bait with worms a second choice

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It really depends what I am targeting. But my favorite is cut spot scaled and filleted into long strips. Most species will eat cut spot, especially when fresh.

·
Registered
186 Posts
For fishing the piers around here you cant beat bloods. Always catch somethin on em. I just have a good time catching the panfish usually. When I've got some extra time I'll take some cut bunker out on the end of the pier and chunk it out on my surf rod.
Tight lines and popped riggers

·
Registered
8 Posts
mine would have to be what they call down around beaufort nc as jumping mullet lill mullet minners about 3 to 4 inches long and my second would either be lil crabs or fresh shrimp(live preferable) and third would have to be blood worms

whiotewolf

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Would they be what we up here call finger mullet? Have tried some cob mullet on AI but cut fresh bunker still my king.

·
Registered
8 Posts
they could be or the may also be called cigar minnows but im not surei aint ever found any live ones in bait shops so i always fill my bank tank up with my net

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
live lining for ever

There's nothing like a live alewife swimming around down there....second I got to have my got-chas[lures] ..Third that $7.00 bloodworm:D

·
Registered
963 Posts
It more of a combination. Bloods to catch Spot, Spot for live lining and cut bait.

Really depends on the season and what you targeting

1 - 19 of 19 Posts