Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone's favorite surf rod for your Abu 6500. I finally got a good deal on an Abu Crome Rocket. I'm thinking about a Carolina Cast Pro 11' 2-5oz. Though I do have a Daiwa Emblem 10' that's a nice light rod.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I was wondering what everyone's favorite surf rod for your Abu 6500. I finally got a good deal on an Abu Crome Rocket. I'm thinking about a Carolina Cast Pro 11' 2-5oz. Though I do have a Daiwa Emblem 10' that's a nice light rod.

I like the CCP's
depending on weight you want to cast----but I found the the 11' 3-6 is a more versatile rod. It will handle a better weight range. The 12' 3 to 7 is a good choice too if you want to be able to throw 6oz at times.

·
Registered
766 Posts
All-Star 1418 11'9" 3-6oz. Sweetest there ever was for a 6500. Sold mine like an idiot years ago ...if Dawgfsh reads this maybe he'll take pity and let me buy it back!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
You can't go wrong with a CCP for sure. You can use that Chrome Rocket on just about any length and type rod you like, the question becomes one of distance and line capacity. If you spool some backing of braid and put mono on top, you can load more line capacity on the reel. Then its up to you how far you can cast based on the bait and weight you're throwing and the rod.

I don't have a CCP (would love one!!!) but I do have a couple of 12' 6" AFAW Surfs. They throw 4 oz a ton!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.