Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new guy to the forum I just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone. I have been on a hiatus from fishing for about two years and now I can't wait to get back into the thick of things again. Your website is the best that I found and your forum has already helped me a lot to shake the cobwebs and bring me up to speed on whats going on on the Bay. I am sure that I will meet a lot of you on the piers this year as I plan to come out and make up for the past two years. If any of you guys in No.Va want to hook up for some overnight trips and show me the ropes, drop me a line. Thanks and good luck to all!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Trigger

After two years off anything that swims it's OK with me :D but I had to play favorites stripers and blues would be my choice

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two yers ago I was living in MD so I am a bit more familiar with that side, been to Point Lookout, Choptank, Sandy Point and Salomons so I will start off by going to one of these places. Now I just gotta figure out which one works best for this time of the year and hope for some good weather :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Well the crocker will be around PLSP pier around the middle of this month or when Rock season starts. For the last two yrs. I'v been going around that time and have done very well(limited out the first year) 2nd year not as good ,but I won't complain. The best time for Lg. crocker(15" to 21") is after 8pm and use squid(rounds) on a hi/low rig with 3-4oz.weight, the pole shouldn't be any longer than 10'. I use two 9'ers and have a 10'er just incase I can't throw beound the lights. :eek:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Is there a reason the poles shouldn't be any longer? Or are you just saying you don't need them to be longer than 10'?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
At one time I used two 15'ers and a 9'er,ho ya I was getten out there(beyound the lights) but when you have to reel them in one after another and when you had fish-on, it started to tire you out. I had found out that with a 9' or 10'er it was alot shorter distance throwing and I was bringing in two at a time and filling up the cooler,but with the 15'ers you might just get one fish at a time or nothing at all. All the hooks were sharp,but sometimes you would just miss the strike,so now that's why I just use 9&10'ers on all the piers in MD.and have had more fish to fill my freezer. :D :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a couple of new 10 footers yesterday, new reels, new cooler, chair...the works :) .Now if we can get this weather to cooperate, looks like this weekend will be a rain out so I guess will have to wait 'till next week. Arrgh..almost there...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Rex- the fish don't care if it's rainy,I'v fished in the rain at PLSP and still caught a fair amount,just get you some rain gear(pants and top)but I would check first on whats biting,make sure you have your license(state & bay). :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts