Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I are coming down to fish the Fort this Saturday and plan on being there before low tide at 4:30 PM and spending the night on the beach (shhhh, don't tell the Ranger from Hell)

Anyway, hope to nail the blues during the day, plus catch some Whiting but want to hit some drum at night. So what is the scoop on what is biting what and when..

I will be around the "Point of No Return at High Tide":):):) in a blue Explorer. Look me up. I got some new top secret killer rigs I have created and I will turn you on to a couple and a few :beer::beer::beer: if want

Tight lines all :fishing::fishing:

·
Registered
217 Posts
From what I've heard, black drum and puppy drum will be the big stars. Bluefish are also around, and I think with the water cooling off the bigger whiting may make a showing. We'll be there from about 8am - 5pm looking for any of the above - gray Nissan Titan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know last Sunday everybody was doing pretty good on the black drum and larger mullet at Carolina and Kure Beaches. Cut shrimp seemed to be the ticket. Even heard of some over slot pups here and there on shrimp.

Not trying to hijack your thread here but how often do they actually patrol the south end at night? Will they make you leave if you don't have lines in the water?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know last Sunday everybody was doing pretty good on the black drum and larger mullet at Carolina and Kure Beaches. Cut shrimp seemed to be the ticket. Even heard of some over slot pups here and there on shrimp.

Not trying to hijack your thread here but how often do they actually patrol the south end at night? Will they make you leave if you don't have lines in the water?
I have never been run off but I have been given the 3rd degree by the Ranger from Hell and then 2 hours latter been welcomed warmly by another ranger named Jake.

As to patrols, they make their last patrol around 7:00 PM and again on Saturday morning by 9:00 AM. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen them on Sunday till after 12:00 Noon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts