Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hate to ask, but what's the real deal for "out-of-state" anglers in Delaware. I'm from Central PA and have my camper in DE year long. I usually slip down every few weeks during the off-season and stay down at the camper whenever I can during the summer and early fall. I spend most of my time out on the surf with my 2 sons (10 and 13) and my little princess (4 yrs old), not to mention my old hag fish cleaner and cook. We all love the area and the fishing. Usually I hitting and have had the most luck at 3R's.

We haven't been down to our campsite or fishing down there since the last weekend of March pre-corona, when they shut down our campground. They still haven't re-opened it for us yet. I'm sure this pandemic is hitting us all hard in one way or another.

We've been watching the postings and the everchanging guidelines and regulations, but I'm still confused about the real story about what we can and can't do. Legally that is.

What we saw was: Surf fishing says no more than 2 people per car per household. So i could only bring 1 kid?? Do they even allow vehicles with pa tags? Could I take my boys to the inlet or pier at Henlopen?

We've got lots of water in central PA and we've been killing the trout in the creeks and hitting the bass in the rivers, but we're all craving the salt and a chance to land the stripers. From those lucky ones that can still hit the beaches, what's the real story? With Maryland opening, when are Delaware areas going to open? Any help is appreciated. We can't wait to break out the big rods again.

On a side note, thanks for all the info you guys have posted over the years. My sons and I check and read and we can't thank you enough for the advice. It's made our fishing and beach time so much memorable.

·
Registered
508 Posts
That's for people that live in DE. Out of staters are not allowed in the state, when your stopped they go by the address on your drivers lic.Surf fishing is for Delawarians for drive on only, with a surf tag. Now you can go ,but have to quarintine for 14 days in DE. But you have to have proof. The governor ofDE will update the rules on 5/15/20. Just haveto wait to see what he say's. Remember. you have to live in DE, you need a surf tag, DE plates on your truck, other person has to be a family member that lives with you. Read the DE lockdown rules.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
There is no way for them to prove whether or not you have quarantined for 14 days. IF you get stopped simply tell them you've been in the state for more than 14 days and completed your quarantine. Say you are currently out of work and staying with a friend.

·
Registered
508 Posts
There is no way for them to prove whether or not you have quarantined for 14 days. IF you get stopped simply tell them you've been in the state for more than 14 days and completed your quarantine. Say you are currently out of work and staying with a friend.
Good advice, I could do that. Have a friend in George town DE.(y)

·
Registered
206 Posts
good luck with that,let me know how that works out for you.i have a timeshare in oc/de area. (y) 🍻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts