Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Charlie,

Lets hope and pray that everyone survives without too much damage. The OBX is a wonderfull place.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi All,

I just got off the phone with K-Tom, (About 9:30 PM) and Hatteras Island has been hit hard.

Tom and his are fine, as well as Joe Moore and family, as Bob had mentioned in another post.

From what Tom said, most of the island from Frisco South is or has been under water.

Water is still across the road in at least three places between Rodanthe and Buxton.
Lots of roof damage to many dwellings, and in general it will be a while before things are back in order.

So, don't plan on going to Hatteras Island for at least 2-3 weeks, it looks as if it will take that long to make things passable with modern conveniences.

Please send your thoughts and prayers that way, they could use them.

Blaine

·
Registered
680 Posts
thanks blaine. it's good to hear they, and you are ok.if anyone hears from others that way please let us know. our prayers are with all.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bob for the update you gave me and thanks for the news Blaine. I'm glad to hear everyone is ok. Do you know if an inlet is cut or is the water just on the road? We were missed by
about a hundred miles up at Mt Vernon(Va.) and still two boats were sunk at the marina and we lost power at 9:30 and that little generator that has only made coffee for the tournments finally did
it's family duty and kept the frig going and the basement dry all night and two of my kids decided to get fevers just to spice things up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Recovery time is the word for the day.
Like I said in another post from Buxton north to rodanthe does not present a problem, just call and make sure that you still have a place to stay before coming down.
Hatteras Village, its going to be a long time if they let them rebuild.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Charlie
The new inlet is just north of Hatteras Village. It is 300 yards wide and I just read that it may have to be bridged instead of filled back in. I guess the A.C.I. will figure that out. Check out pictures on the yahoo website mentioned by Larry and check the Hatteras Realty website for good information about what is happening on Hatteras Island. There is an airial photo on the yahoo website of the new inlet that tells it all.
bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts