Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what are you guys doing tonight?

Me and the little lady are going to sit down to a nice warm fire, eat some Russian caviar, German chocolate, open a bottle of French Champagne and watch Sadam get his ass kicked!

Too bad Bob Hope isn't in better health. He could do another movie "Road to Baghdad!"

·
Registered
175 Posts
Going to my church for the Wednesday Lent soup/supper with service to follow. Will pray for our President, our troops and a warming of the surf temperature, too!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh, I forgot, after church I'm coming home to crack a good American beer, sit down and watch Sadaam get his a$$ kicked.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Keep the caviar & chocolate and pour the champagne in the pi$$er wher it belongs; give me a great big all-American burger and I'll wash it down with Bass Ale & Fosters- Mate. Then I'll pray for the troups, watch some NIT B-ball and say to he!! with So-damn Insane!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
bottling my latest batch of homebrew, standard american pale ale, a la sierra nevada, and watching the bunker busting fireworks. kicking your a$$ iraq :mad:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Waiting for the Commander and Cheif to give the word and watch Sadaam get his a$$ kicked.
What better programming can you ask for on a wed night . I hope they already know which hole he is hiding in , drag him out by his ear's and save alot of bloodshed. And don't forget the rest of the family members ( my 2 son's)

T<----->Lines
Kozlow

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
So I guess I am putting myself out on a limb for saying I oppose this war? I never would have mentioned it before, but since others have jumped on that proverbial bandwagon, I guess I owe my 2 cents. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
712 Posts
emanuel as a vet i devoted 1/3 of my life to your and everyone else's opinions and i don't mind if you oppose the war i just hope you support our troops.you can put a soldier,a sailor,a marine,and an airman in the same room and they will pick on each other but the second you say we are going to war thay will all leave the room together.and thats the way we as a country should feel now.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
markedwards that is why this is a great country. We can disagree and not die or go to jail for it. Thank You and All our Froces for the work they have done through the years.
By the way My Dad retired with 23 years in the Air Force and he and I both are unsure of the motives for the conflict. I Support our solders, and hope they all return safely.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I respect all opinions on this subject (unless it opposes mine).
Seriously, I'd rather see this world threat be removed before it brings additional terrorist acts within these borders (or foreign countries for that matter). I also strongly agree with President Bush's leading argument: "We will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime." 12 years of diplomacy couldn't resolve this issue, it was time to act now.

If this dictator is not removed, what kind of message would that send to N. Korea?

(now only if this conversation could be during a nice spring day with rods in hand and toes in the sand)

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
"now only if this conversation could be during a nice spring day with rods in hand and toes in the sand"

Amen. All I can hope now is that this war is over quickly, all troops return safely, and that the warm weather comes quickly.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
"For those who don’t quite get it, here are 10 things to consider when voicing an opinion on our current events.

1) Out of president Bush and Saddam Hussein ... Hussein is the bad guy.

2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the right thing keep this in mind: They have Libya heading the committee on human rights and Iraq heading the global disarmament committee. Do your own math here.

3) If you use Google search and type in "French military victories," your reply will be; "Did you mean French military defeats?"

4) If your only anti-war slogan is "no war for oil," sue your school district for allowing you to slip through the cracks and robbing you of the education you deserve.

5) Saddam and Bin Laden will NOT seek United Nations approval before they try to kill us.

6) Despite common belief, Martin Sheen is not the president. (He plays one on T.V.)

7) Even if you are anti-war, you are still an "infidel!", And Bin Laden wants you dead, too!

If you believe in a "vast right-wing conspiracy" but not in the danger that Hussein poses, quit hanging out with the Dell Computer dude.

9) We are not trying to liberate them.

10) Whether you are for military action or against it, our young men and women overseas are fighting for us to defend our right to speak out. We all need to support THEM without reservation. "

Writen by Dennis Miller

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I hope and pray for the well being of our troops and the Iraqi people whose last name isn't Hussein.
Down with Saddam and his peeps!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Yes he did Digger I have corrected myself, sorry thought I had that in there
Kozlow

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have been retired since 1979 and finished 24 years then..
While I do not agree with everthing and everyone is entititled to his believe
I support the pres and the troops andhope they will be home soon..

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

Stock market is up 250 points ... West Baghdad engulfed in flames ... American and British forces have secured the southern oil fields.... What was "our" objective again?

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
"Stock market is up 250 points ... West Baghdad engulfed in flames ... American and British forces have secured the southern oil fields.... What was "our" objective again?"

Thank you, oil, my point exactly.

Next time I debate this with you guys, I hope this is over a couple cold ones as we pull in fish after fish.

"Have poles, will travel"

:D

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Given that the oil argument has been raised...

Stock market is up 250 points

The markets ran up last week before any U.S. forces had secured any oil fields. More than anything, stock markets hate uncertainty. After months of wrangling with the U.N., the war gave them a sense that something would happen one way or another.

West Baghdad engulfed in flames ... American and British forces have secured the southern oil fields.... What was "our" objective again?

We are prosecuting the most humane war in human history--while it may look brutal, the majority of our targets are members of the Ba'ath party, a radical sect whose violence and nastiness are well documented.

Look, if this were about oil it would have been much cheaper and much easier to drop the sanctions against Saddam, let him pump out his oil to finance his regime (less than 5% of our oil comes from Iraq) and avoid the casualties we're facing, not to mention the cost of this war.

If this were really about oil, why is gas so expensive now that we're on the brink of victory?

In the end, we can all respectfully disagree. And I am so grateful that we live in a place where we can.

See you fellas' on the water.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Support for the troops goes without saying in Norfolk. The troops are your neighbors and your friends, if not your relatives.
Support for the war should be another matter. When George Bush was asked in his latest press conference what lessons have we learned from Vietnam, he didn't have an answer. That should worry us all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts