Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me be the first to ask who caught what this weekend? For me even though it was a beautiful weekend the water up here is still too cold so I just dunked sandworms, but it was great to get out so someone tell me what biting where you at

·
Registered
28 Posts
Saw a couple croakers and one Bluefish on the pier at SandBridge, but I myself only caught a first-of-the-year sunburn!
Didn't matter much: Sunny, Warm, and all the fresh air you could breath.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I fished in my jon boat at the James River Bridge on Saturday and caught a 2.5 lb catfish and two 21" stripers. I caught one of the stripers in 5 or 6 feet of water, so I would imagine that they would be accessible by wading on the IOW side of the bridge. They should be thick as soon as the water gets a little warmer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Also, I forgot, My boy caught a 20" pike in a canal to the Currituck Sound in Grandy, NC early Sat. afternoon!.....Fishin is beginning to heat up.....I think it will be a good year......Would be better if our troops could go fishin, too. Pray for them, pray for our President and pray for our nation.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Alaskalane u still live in Anchorage? I lived up there for 5 years and have a daughter who lives out in the muldoon area. nice cold country to be from, lol. Salmon and steelhead fishing was great though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We caught stripers in the surf near Keyport NJ last saturday 3/22. Bloods, sands and clams all worked. Fish finder rigs helped. One was 33".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts