Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of fish are biting around this time of the year and what kind of setup would i need?? any info would be must appreciated

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Stripers are th only game in town right now.C&R only for th bay and 28" min limit for ocean. As for gear for th bay I use either a 8 or 9' spinner for tossing lures or a 10' Star rod for bait. When fishing th ocean I move up to my big rods. 12' OM with a slosh 30 cuz sometimes you need to throw 8-10oz an bait. This being said I haven't even fished up here so far this year as th fish have stayed offshore.

·
Registered
314 Posts
what 2 use

the only thing i use is a fish finder fig and a 7 foot rod. O u will need a lot of clothes. Strippers and black drum are what i have caught so far this winter.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Fishendude15 where are you catching Black Drum this time of year and when was the last time you caught one ? Black and Red Drum are my target species this spring and since I've never caught either I'm anxious to get started if they're around .

·
Registered
314 Posts
baybridge

I caught a black drum about two weeks ago at the cbbt. The red drum i dont catch until september.

P

·
0 Posts
cdog,

I noticed that pretty much all your stripers were caught in NC, have you been doing any fishing in the VA beach area at all and if so, any luck?

·
Registered
823 Posts
ONLY THING BITING TODAY IS FROST!!!!! GEEZ ITS COLD

P

·
0 Posts
cdog,

is that because the fishing just ain't as good as in NC? Meaning, if I take a drive down to the ocean to cast some spoons, would I be better off going to NC?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Pauky, when making my decesion th first trip it was easy, there were schools of fish chewing th sand off of NC. Th second trip there were reports of schools of fish just off th beach an might come in so NC again. All th reports I have heard this year is th big schools stayed offshore of us. If I were you I would go to NC, they have been picking up a few but its on bait not lures. That being said I haven't tried Va an there might be fish that nobody is talking about. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts