Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It's a crab just before it sluffs it's shell,you use it in peices,claws,body. If you break the shell you'll see a new one growing under neath the hard one. What I do is break the shell in half and put that peice on a hook and watch out you've got a Rock.:eek:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Oh I for got you get them at the bait shop,try the one before the Kent Narrows bridge(Island fishing&hunting)on the right side before the bridge(peach color roof)they open at 5am - 7pm.:cool:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks trigger fish. That's what I thought it was. What kind of hook do you use? A hi/lo rig and bottom fish for them or do you cast? I've caught Rock on a lure before, but not live bait. How about shrimp? What will that get me?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You can use hi/low or fish finder rig,I use eather 4/0 or 5/0 circle hook,yes you have to cast,don't use shrimp for Rock use it for croaker:) and make sure you have a pier net or check if anybody on the pier has one,it's about 15' - 20' drop.Ok,good luck

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Chesepeake Outdoors have great Peelers;nice size,and there not hard(green peeler).You can tell by pinching the shell if they are green peelers or true peelers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts