Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started poking around in all the boards and came down to the Bible.

Lots of great info there and I as I read the different threads, what kept coming back to me through out them all was it was not just one person making a good post but all the great info as members exchanged ideas, discussed things good and bad. That's what it is all about and makes this a great board.

So to all that come on P&S, thanks for being members and making this a great board.

Oh yeah and Cmon spring....:D

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
good post and better point. man i can only guess what would happen if we could ever have the big throw down get together.

Northern guys...
Mid Atlatic guys...
Southern guys...

Boy what a party that would be.

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
. . . . Lots of great info there and I as I read the different threads, what kept coming back to me through out them all was it was not just one person making a good post but all the great info as members exchanged ideas, discussed things good and bad. That's what it is all about and makes this a great board. . . . Oh yeah and Cmon spring....:D
What CDog said.

I really have enjoyed P&S since I've started coming here. You know, I used to do searches for things when I had questions (rigs, knots, techniques, and the like), and often those searches brought few useful results. Now, I can come on here and read the posts and ask questions and get help with what I'm looking for.

I'm with 'ya with the Cmon spring part, too!!! Especially after this frigid spell we've had the past few days!!!

·
Registered
998 Posts
when the fishing/boards get slow, i do what any normal person does.

i tie 267 turn albrights.

·
Registered
862 Posts
LOL. You and I share the same fascination with tying knots when we're bored :D
Great to know I am not alone in my knot obsession. People laugh at how particular I am about my knots but when their knots fail and they come to me to retie they are not laughing. LIP that is awesome, I have never tried an Albright with more than 30 turns. I would guess it would be pretty difficult to cinch down. Was that your first attempt?

John

·
Registered
372 Posts
good post and better point. man i can only guess what would happen if we could ever have the big throw down get together.

Northern guys...
Mid Atlatic guys...
Southern guys...

I agree with you AirDown I wish that could happen But what would be the location?

Cdog All I have been doing is watch versus and espn and the outdoor channel doing gear maintainence and trying to make excuses to my sons why we can't go maybe when they get a little older we'll test the old man

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Northern guys...
Mid Atlatic guys...
Southern guys...

I've driven 6+hours to VB just to cast with P&S guys before . . . I'd happily do it again (or even to "Abuville" Virginia :rolleyes: for that matter) just for sh!ts and giggles. Just post an address and a date . . .

Just one thing Airdown, ya need to make sure the field is long enough for us Yankee spinner throwers.:) What's good enough for conventional heavers isn't anywhere near long enough for us . . . :D I got tired of needing to feather the spool to kill the cast the last time I was down there. Retrieving my sinker 50 yards into the woods was not an option.

Pick a date, that TWCC field sounds good enough, Surfcat, is it long and safe enough? Who knows where the VB Sportcast tourney is going to be held? Is that field an option?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I agree with you AirDown I wish that could happen But what would be the location?

Cdog All I have been doing is watch versus and espn and the outdoor channel doing gear maintainence and trying to make excuses to my sons why we can't go maybe when they get a little older we'll test the old man
we can make the party, and laugh at the other forum's "flings"

me? i havent casted at all this winter.
its work,, zzz,, heading out to bars and lounges, meeting new ladies here and there,, lather rinse repeat.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Hold it in Southern Delaware, it is a fishing "Hot Spot" and the Scrapple capitol of the World. ( Southern guys are scratching their head, "Scrapple. What?")
We ate Scrapple where I grew up in NC. My dad was a nut over it...:beer:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Things to do when bored?

A few good fisherman magazines and a box of tissues...:p Damn hate it when I think out loud again...:D I usually figure out how to make new lures and clean everything about 100 times and buy more things even thou i dont need them.

Tight Lines

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.