Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to the Juno Beach Pier tomorrow to fish. (South East Florida) I am new to the area as far as fishing and I am wondering what I should be targeting. I plan to bottom fish with my pier rod and I have two fresh water rigs I was planning to use by jigging around the pier. I have not be able to figure out the seasons of the local bite. I prefer to catch and eat. Any ideas what species might be out there tomorrow? Also, when do pompano, snook and sea trout run?

·
Banned
2,922 Posts
I am going to the Juno Beach Pier tomorrow to fish. (South East Florida) I am new to the area as far as fishing and I am wondering what I should be targeting. I plan to bottom fish with my pier rod and I have two fresh water rigs I was planning to use by jigging around the pier. I have not be able to figure out the seasons of the local bite. I prefer to catch and eat. Any ideas what species might be out there tomorrow? Also, when do pompano, snook and sea trout run?
Check out this site . . . Juno Bait & Tackle gives out accurate information and have for decades !

https://www.junobait.com/fishing-report

Tight Lines !!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
why not just pack a small cooler with some snacks and drinks
and just go out on the pier and observe and take notes of what
others are doing: tackle, bait, technique, etc. Don't be intrusive - just observe from a distance.
If you see someone specifically targeting sheepshead with fiddlers, that would be the person to watch the most.
Good Luck !!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luckily, I happened across the Juno Bait shop a few months ago. I look forward to their fishing reports every week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts