Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had problems sunday with my kayak so i decided to go to FSP and see what was going on. took my 10 rod and a 6-6 light rod for pearch. took about an hour to hook up with a small pearch and get it out for rock. while waiting for something to hit the 10' rod the little one goes off and i'm scrambling to get it before it goes down into the rocks, get the rod and start to reel in and the reel (quantum 40 w/20# pp) starts to screem. tighten the drag a little and started to fight this rock with rod bent(shamano shojurn 8-14#) almost double, went back and forth for 15 min. and got ot to the shore and leadered @34" rock! on a top botom rig with #1 circle hooks and half rotten BWS. when i went to grab it, it shook its head and straitened the hook out and took off. o well C&R any way still a fight with that rig. some one else i know got a 30 last week. only got 3 dinks and the wife got a nice fight with a catfish monday afternoon about 4lbs on light tackle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.