Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What line is everyone using now that Tri+ is discontinued? I'd like a good copolymer in hi vis, either green chartreuse or gold/yellow chartreuse. I've looked at a few but have come to really prefer the copolymer lines over mono lines.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
As far as my Tackle shop is concerned suffix is still making the Tri +, that being said they had some new Berkley Big game in Hi vis. Thinking about trying that.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cdog, is that the electric blue stuff? If so, I've been eyeing that up myself. I've got a pretty good supply of Sufix Tri on hand but I've been thining about trying the Berkely.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
As far as my Tackle shop is concerned suffix is still making the Tri +, that being said they had some new Berkley Big game in Hi vis. Thinking about trying that.
Was this the new HiTest or regular BG...

Has anyone tried the Izorline brand. Saw it in a shop here and thought I might try it...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am a fan of Big Game electric blue. Got a 1lb spool lst year, but cannot find that big of spool this year. Great line, I do not like Suffix, it is a personal choice, not meaning to bash a line a lot of folks love.

·
Registered
124 Posts
p-line cxx is some really strong stuff, but its pricey -- its double the cost of tri +
Izorline is a decent line, i see a lot of guys using it out west for salmon fishing. i don't think i could bring myself to use it in the surf though -- i've had issues with its abrasion resistance.
maxima line is a really nice line and i think that once i run of out tri+ it will be my line of choice. never seen it in any tackle shops along the east coast. the stuff is made in germany and can be ordered from cabelas. its a west coast standard -- i think a 1lb spool of it will run close to 90 bucks:eek: the only problem i have with the line is the price and the hi-vis color is a fiberglow pink.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
BPS Tightline. Needs replacing more often than Tri+ but a 1500yd spool only runs $9.99.

Evan
I tried this line just a couple weeks ago. What junk, too much memory, too stiff and just did not lay well on the reel. Made 5-6 casts and took it right off. This is just my personal expirence, others like it and thats cool. Just my obsevation.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Cdog, is that the electric blue stuff? If so, I've been eyeing that up myself. I've got a pretty good supply of Sufix Tri on hand but I've been thining about trying the Berkely.
No, it was chartreuse.

Was this the new HiTest or regular BG...
I believe it was the HiTest,it was last month when I was in the shop and my memory aint so hot on pain pills.

Hey Cdog how big are the spools ? Big Game was always good stuff they just stopped putting it out on the big spools.

AL
Al, it was in 3# spools I believe, looked bigger than the 1# spool of Tri.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.