Pier and Surf Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Last time I drank Glenlivet things got out of hand, I'm in NW Georgia for work till December, been on the look out for some good home made. Almost time to break out a 52MR and a pint of Morgan when I get back to the coast. Did try chilled peach crown, I'd have to rate it as a dangerous drink for the summer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cranberry wine will be the drink of the day, then on to cranberry juice n vodka. when the turkey goes in the first bottle of wine will be opened.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Cranberry wine will be the drink of the day, then on to cranberry juice n vodka. when the turkey goes in the first bottle of wine will be opened.
Can't say that I've ever had Cranberry wine but Cranberry juice and Vodka sounds good , may have to give it a try tonight

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The Kill Devil Rum down the street is better, especially the 2 yr. old "Gold"

I picked up a 6 pack of Young Veterans Double IPA this week and it's worth the price. Need to be an IPA fan though ...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Next time your near Manteo, Scuppernog Winery has some that is enjoyable.
I'll be sure to drop in on them on the next trip and I did try the cranberry juice and vodka and liked it , Will add it to the Holiday beverage list .

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
The Kill Devil Rum down the street is better, especially the 2 yr. old "Gold"

I picked up a 6 pack of Young Veterans Double IPA this week and it's worth the price. Need to be an IPA fan though ...
I have a bottle of their Gold , is the 2 year old Gold that much better , I also like the white Rum they make .
My son would be all over the Double IPA , I'm not a fan of Doubles

·
Registered
66 Posts
Reviews say so but I dont trust that. Found a site called overpricedbourbon and thats a recommended try and gets good reviews. This is my favorite time of year to find a good bourbon

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Reviews say so but I dont trust that. Found a site called overpricedbourbon and thats a recommended try and gets good reviews. This is my favorite time of year to find a good bourbon
I looked for the site , But appears to be instagram and I'm getting into that can of worms FB is bad enough . This time of year is Bourbon / Scotch time , My Dear wife gave me a very nice bottle of Bourbon for Christmas , Now she knows nothing about Bourbon or Scotch so she asked the guy at the store what he would recommend for a gift worthy bottle and she looked at a few and got me a bottle of Jefferson's "Ocean" aged at sea , very small batch , she thought it was cool the the barrels ride around at sea , each bottle in numbered and it has a tag telling what voyage and were it went and the weather on the trip , So I learned that the constant movement and temperature changes greatly effect the flavor , This has too be the smoothest Bourbon I've tasted , But it's pricey I found out so I'll be sipping it slowly and only once in a while ,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used to have property in Germany and since that time I just love to drink beer. Now when I travel I look for some nice bar with a craft beer and try it always. It's like a tradition for me and my friends. Does anyone here like such beer? Maybe some recommendations?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Cider, hard, preferably a dry one, mixed with a good lager, Carlsberg, Harp etc. They call it a snakebite in England where I come from. Unfortunately the last time I was there(3 years ago) I could not be served one from the tap, it has been deemed illegal. Something about the mixture of the two drinks makes it work a LOT better on the head than if they are drank separately. The only way to get a snake bite in England was to buy a pint of cider, a pint of lager and an extra glass and mix the two yourself. Try it you might like it;):)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Cider, hard, preferably a dry one, mixed with a good lager, Carlsberg, Harp etc. They call it a snakebite in England where I come from. Unfortunately the last time I was there(3 years ago) I could not be served one from the tap, it has been deemed illegal. Something about the mixture of the two drinks makes it work a LOT better on the head than if they are drank separately. The only way to get a snake bite in England was to buy a pint of cider, a pint of lager and an extra glass and mix the two yourself. Try it you might like it;):)
That sounds interesting and I've haven't had much interest in Ciders , The ones I've had in the past were seasonal , I have seen them in the Beer coolers the last few years but there targeted market in the US is for those young that have to have everything taste like candy . So how is it mixed ? 50/50 ?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Cider, hard, preferably a dry one, mixed with a good lager, Carlsberg, Harp etc. They call it a snakebite in England where I come from. Unfortunately the last time I was there(3 years ago) I could not be served one from the tap, it has been deemed illegal. Something about the mixture of the two drinks makes it work a LOT better on the head than if they are drank separately. The only way to get a snake bite in England was to buy a pint of cider, a pint of lager and an extra glass and mix the two yourself. Try it you might like it
That sounds interesting and I've haven't had much interest in Ciders , The ones I've had in the past were seasonal , I have seen them in the Beer coolers the last few years but there targeted market in the US is for those young that have to have everything taste like candy . So how is it mixed ? 50/50 ?
as a celiac I find myself quite partial to ciders. Not all are sweet. Some are very dry, some are bitter, some are even have hops added. Anything angry orchard is too sweet. Most the bold rock are alright, more fond of the granny Smith's than most the others.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
as a celiac I find myself quite partial to ciders. Not all are sweet. Some are very dry, some are bitter, some are even have hops added. Anything angry orchard is too sweet. Most the bold rock are alright, more fond of the granny Smith's than most the others.
Will investigate those on my next trip to the store , Going to the store now is like doing a Supply Run in a episode of the "Walking Dead "

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here where I live we have a cider house (Civil War cider house) and until my wife talked me into trying it never knew so much went into ciders. The only knowledge of cider I had was the horrible hard apple cider we used to sneak out of my buddies dads barrel he had in the basement. The local cider house has all kinds of cider from dry to very sweet, seasonal to year around. I'm starting to become a fan. Another thing I am now a fan of is the Outer Banks Distilling. I just finished a bottle of their Pecan Honey Rum. Rum is not something I can drink straight, so I mixed it with a little coke or sprite and it is very good. If you are ever in Manteo,NC I recommend stopping in go on a tour and taste their rum.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Yep, mix it 50/50. A granny smith cider or bold rock work well.

121 - 140 of 144 Posts