Pier and Surf Forum banner

41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Jay B - the oceans are all voyage one or two which are different from the stuff that is on the shelf now. It was true small batch, only 700 or voyage one and 5000 of voyage 2. no groth in there, as you said, a waste of money. I like the original and the older stuff (19, 20 and 21year). Personally if I am drinking daily I am drinking Four Roses Small Batch. A great bottle for $35 and you can mix it and not feel like you are pouring $$$ down the drain.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
This is getting almost as bad as Dave taking pictures of all his fishing rods and reels and posting them on the forum.

In the picture above I'm seeing a brand new CTS 1306 custom built by Nick W @ TWs and maybe a New Silver Saltist 20H.. And an 12 pack of Michelob

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I for one would like to see Michelob Dark brought back, good beer !! You don't see too many dark beers out there any more I think due to the IPA craze, another good one was Becks dark but I can't find that anymore either.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yep, nice collection of Turkey you got there. That rare breed is some good stuff. I also saw where you had several bottles of 4 Roses. I may give it a try. Been drinking Wild Turkey and Canadian Club for so long, just didn't try others when I was happy with what I had.

B

·
0 Posts
Corona Extra, DoS Equis in the green bottle, Labatt Blue for beer. I like Beefeater gin and lemonade or a Piña Colada for liquor. Sometimes I love vodka and cranberry. I can add my least favorite is any type of Whiskey and once I tried a beer called old wooden ship. It tastes worse than it sounds. Nasty.:--|

·
Registered
771 Posts
Having spent a lot of time in Oklahoma City for training I acquired a taste for Shiner Bock out of Texas. I also work with a guy who brews a lot of beer by the 5 gal. keg. But he was trashing a lot of his beer because he did not care for the taste. So I build a 5 gal. copper still and now I run his bad beer through the still get about 50 to 55 oz. of 120 to 140 proof Alcohol depending on the type of beer and proof it down to 70 to 75 proof. I get about 80 oz. of good sipping shine.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Funny that this Thread should pop up, I was out yesterday and happened to be in the next county over were you can buy Liquor,

My county is Beer and Wine , Liquor by the drink in Bar's and Restaurants only. Not a big deal the county line is only 8 miles from me and 4 Liquor Stores at the intersection.

So now that Fall is back I find myself wanting something for the colder days to come and looking for something new,

Found myself looking at Scotch's ,being as I like certain single Malts , I looked at my favorite 15 and 18 year old to see they've taken a Huge Jump in price ,

Now I find myself in a dilemma , As I do like Scotch ,But I find myself as tight as Scotsman at not wanting to part with a "King's Ransom" for a taste of that "Heavenly Beverage"

At the recommendation for the shopkeeper, To try this blended Single Malt called "Monkey Shoulder " , Told him I'm not a fan of Blends so he said try this single and gave me two singles

I was pleasantly surprised , So I'll be picking some up today and as for my favorite's well I put that on the Christmas list and let the son's give it to me since they all hate trying to figure out what to get the oldman

·
Registered
57 Posts
Funny that this Thread should pop up, I was out yesterday and happened to be in the next county over were you can buy Liquor,

My county is Beer and Wine , Liquor by the drink in Bar's and Restaurants only. Not a big deal the county line is only 8 miles from me and 4 Liquor Stores at the intersection.

So now that Fall is back I find myself wanting something for the colder days to come and looking for something new,

Found myself looking at Scotch's ,being as I like certain single Malts , I looked at my favorite 15 and 18 year old to see they've taken a Huge Jump in price ,

Now I find myself in a dilemma , As I do like Scotch ,But I find myself as tight as Scotsman at not wanting to part with a "King's Ransom" for a taste of that "Heavenly Beverage"

At the recommendation for the shopkeeper, To try this blended Single Malt called "Monkey Shoulder " , Told him I'm not a fan of Blends so he said try this single and gave me two singles

I was pleasantly surprised , So I'll be picking some up today and as for my favorite's well I put that on the Christmas list and let the son's give it to me since they all hate trying to figure out what to get the oldman

The Monkey Shoulder is pretty good stuff, and not too spendy. My staples tend to be Glenfiddich 12 yr, Monkey Shoulder and Evan Williams 1783, usually with a couple rocks. As far as beer, I usually go for Keystone light if i'm just drinking. Nicer beers if someone else is buying!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The Monkey Shoulder is pretty good stuff, and not too spendy. My staples tend to be Glenfiddich 12 yr, Monkey Shoulder and Evan Williams 1783, usually with a couple rocks. As far as beer, I usually go for Keystone light if i'm just drinking. Nicer beers if someone else is buying!
I almost bought a bottle of Evan Williams 1783 , I'll give it a try since you recommend it , On the rocks is how I like it too. My go to was Glenlivet 15 yr, don't know what happened to the price but its jumped up too were it's in the category of I'll get it for a special treat for myself.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Drank a bunch of this at a weekend campout. Way too easy to put down. IMG-20171021-WA0002.jpg

Hell of a time getting it loaded...sorry it's sideways

41 - 60 of 146 Posts