Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is your favorite ,

I'm going to start, Gelenlivete 15 year old single malt Scotch, White Rum with Lime.
Beer, good IPA's and all free Beer

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Jollymons beer does taste pretty good, especially when he doesnt know you swiped one. Same goes for KJs Dr Peppers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Diplimatico' rum neat. Or any mid-grade rum with Gosling's ginger beer and a splash of lime (Dark n' stormy). Also enjoy craft beer and microbrews (Southern Tier and Cigar City Brewery are 2 solid breweries). In my younger days, my tank ran off of Bud Light and bottom shelf liquor.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ice cold water on a hot summer day. Paid my dues with the cheapest booze and beer brands that only the oldest on here would recognize.

·
Registered
612 Posts
BigWillJ, did you enjoy (or not) one of these...Schmidt's, Schlitz, Schaeffer, Iron City, Valley Forge, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Rolling Rock, etc. ?, yeah the good old days, now I am from Pa. so most of these came from Pa. and I know I'm forgetting some. I'm a light weight anymore and drink mostly Miller 64, but as I tell my wife, I can drink more of them as they are a light beer, after 44 years of marriage and going on 45, my wife knows I'm full of shit, or light beer!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Crown and diet Mt. Dew now. Trying to lose some of the effects of the beer. Been a Crown and coke drinker for many years. When I live in NC an old timer turned me on to Crown and sundrop. When I came back to WV had to find something to replace the sundrop and Mt. Dew was the closest I could find.

·
Registered
626 Posts
BigWillJ, did you enjoy (or not) one of these...Schmidt's, Schlitz, Schaeffer, Iron City, Valley Forge, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Rolling Rock, etc. ?, yeah the good old days, now I am from Pa. so most of these came from Pa. and I know I'm forgetting some. I'm a light weight anymore and drink mostly Miller 64, but as I tell my wife, I can drink more of them as they are a light beer, after 44 years of marriage and going on 45, my wife knows I'm full of shit, or light beer!
...in bold, and also Ballantine, Piel's, and Old Milwaukee. Yeauhp, gone are those days. On the rare occasion I order a "Bud" while out these days, I laugh at the look I get. Nothing like the brews that shaped the "good ol' days"......just plain old great American beer.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I knew I forgot some big names, Ballantine and Piel's. My Grandfather use to buy his beer in quart bottles (Schmidts), pour the beer in a small glass, the quart would last him all day, I guess that's whats called enjoying your beer, good days!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Jim Beam Apple, Pirate Bay Rum and pineapple juice, Long Island Ice Tea, Bud Light Lime, and of course Moonshine. Yea I know I'm all screwed up.

O

·
0 Posts
Budweiser/hard ciders/fatties...And whatever the girls drink..... A little Ed Sheeran helps

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Ice cold water on a hot summer day. Paid my dues with the cheapest booze and beer brands that only the oldest on here would recognize.
OH Yea, try me. :) Any one remember Arrow Beer, Gunthers, Hamm's. LOL! when we were kids in the neighborhood we use to sing, Arrow beer comes from here. You know what we were grabbing, or pointing to. OH how about Natty Bo? National BO.jpg

·
Registered
626 Posts
OH Yea, try me. :) Any one remember Arrow Beer, Gunthers, Hamm's. LOL! when we were kids in the neighborhood we use to sing, Arrow beer comes from here. You know what we were grabbing, or pointing to. OH how about Natty Bo? View attachment 30658
Hamm's makes the list, but jeez Andy, you're going all the way back to before the prohibition with those local Balmer brews of Gunther (or Guenther) and Arrow! And I also didn't mention Nat'l Boh, as I only remember it from the Maryland and Baltimore fans side of the family, rather than as one of the mainstays of my once favorite great american beer diet! Thanks for the memories!!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts