• Power Pro

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Stealth

Votes: 3 18.8%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think PowerPro is the best in my opinion. I have not lost any big fish since i started fishing with it. When i first started using it i was fishing Breezy Point when the Rays were out and i pulled one in with no problem. You can put a lot of stress on that line before it decides to give way.

MC

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I like the spider line but then again that is the only braided line I have used so far;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have to correct myself. I PowerPro is the only braided line have ever used so i havent really tried to compare the different types.

MC

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Yeah I think a lot of us are that way. Chose one line and have stuck to it since.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Fireline especially for casting lures.

Power Pro is awesome stuff if you can get your hands on a good spool. My experience is they have some quality control issues, and the customer support is great.

Stealth is alright. I like the original Spiderwire better.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I prefer green Power Pro is good,but on a conventional Fireline is the best.Power Pro somtimes gets wound funny and gets caught in the spool:mad: .I don't care what you say Fireline is the best braided line for any reel.When you get a blacklash Fireline is easy to handle;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Sandcrab -

I'm still basically a mono/flouro/copoly user on both spinners and conventionals. That said, I've tried Power Pro and Fireline on spinners for casting lures, and some bottom fishing. Power Pro got too many wind-knots during the cast. Fireline was much more to my liking, and for that reason, remains on a couple of spinners. I still use a clear mono type leader on the Fireline, making the Hi-Viz Fireline color a non-issue with me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Fireline is a fused line....not a braid. Its composed of similar stuff though but made by a different technique. Never had any probs with fireline. All around good stuff.

Power Pro is great. I use 50lb on Abu 6500 for muskie fishing up North and it casts great, lays on the spool well, and is amazingly strong. Best braid for the money I think.

Whiplash is not bad. It is extremely thin but I have had some problems with it backlashing. It's also expensive.

-Happypappy: 1) It may be a prob with slack line getting into the spool. 2) do you using monofilament backing to secure the powerpro to the spool? With these superlines you should defn use backin cause it keeps the line from slipping on the spool. I had the same problem with fireline until I used backing.

·
Registered
671 Posts
has anyone tried the original spiderwire??? it is twice as expensive than spiderwire fusion, or stealth. I'm using 50# powerpro now, but I want to try 30# spiderwire. secondly, i tried basspro shops' 30# magibraid and it is no good. it has a tendency to break with a little jerk of the rod. bottomline, don't even try it. :mad:

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just ordered 300 yds of Spiderwire Stealth for my new Mitchell Nautil 6500 spinning reel. I should have it in about a week - I'll let you know how it works for me..

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sandcrab,

Guess you have to change the topic to "What is the best Superline".

A 300 yard spool of 30 lb Power Pro fits perfectly on the aluminum 6500 Nautil Spool. Very braid friendly reel... um I meant superline friendly reel. :D The spool has two holes drilled in it where you attach the braid. No slippage, no mono backing...one continuous line.

BPS Magicbraid = Tragicbraid :p

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guess someone has to test Stealth line out!

I was waiting for my buddies who got some free samples of Stealth line to tell me how good or bad it is but they are using it to tie up mufflers, hang plants and birdfeeders (That's me!), and hold up their pants! ;)

Husky - The 6500 Pro is yellow. It has the slower retrieve and I ordered the wooded handle for it. Will check it out on the new Tica when it comes in next week. :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
terpfan I use the magibraid on my trolling reels never had a problem pull those 16 oz drop sinkers all day, also use it on my conv. surf casting outfits.Buy it by the 1000 meter spool for about $45.00:cool:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Old salt, what pound magibraid line are you using?? I bought 1000 yard spool of 30# magibraid and i gave away to a friend. (I also paid more than $45, Probably around $90 if i can recall) I normally buy 1500 yard powerpro. I Just bought one in ebay couple of days ago. I hope i wasn't bidding against a pier and surf member. (I raised the bid with about 30second left):p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.