Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of fish can I catch in Cape Henlopen?
Are blues there also?
Only information I have is, people catch flounders on the fishing pier in the park... that's the only thing I know...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going there tomorrow and will stay in Lewes for two days...
I planned to use tomorrow or Friday as "fishing day".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cape Henlopen is killing it on spot right now. Other than that youll hook up with a bunch of undersize flounder but rarely will get one over 19 1/2. Might get an occasional blue but most likey the crabs will get to your cut bait before anything else does. Also alot of those small dogfish around. Kind of annoying unless you like to keep them. Good luck and please post a report when you can.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
i was down last weekend, fished RI caught good size spot, and a 18" flounder sunday morning also dinky croakers. use squid minnow combo for flounder. king fish and dogs in the surf.

·
Registered
135 Posts
CHSP Aug 15th 11:30pm - 5:00am

Hey Fellas

I was there last Friday night and did very good on the spot- a few over 10 inches during the early morn under the lights- caught about 50 and a put about 16 live line size in a live bucket and moved on down to IRI and did very well on flounder 20' and 21' and Rock Fish 28' and 30', lost some to Blues and short flounder but thats to be expected. When I felt the sun on my back I was out of there...

Top and bottom rig with squid and blood worm on same hook...lots of doubles.

Number 2 trebile hook sniped off the third and ran it through the front of the dorsal fin..

set up Pen 550sg on a 6'6'' Ugly 1101 spin MH.. 50lb power pro green...tough to beat. Going back Tuesday into Wen morning.

Enjoy yourself nothing wrong with sharing tips cause you still have to catch the fish...

"keep the house happy and bring home some Fish!"

Efishent :fishing:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fished Gordon's Pond, as well as Just North of IRI on the sand Sunday, Monday and VERY early this am (today).
Caught mixed sizes of King Fish, decent sized Spot, the usual sand sharks and skate AND one VERY decent hard head.
Used Bloods, and Fish Bites and also cut bait; the Spot only took the real bloods but a fair amount of "doubles" for a nice pull into shore.
The BEST news was being able to hold bottom with ONLY 2oz Hurricane's on regular sized T/B rigs AND nearly "fly-free" fishing only had to use the Off on Sunday.
No talk of anyone of Stripers, Flounder or even snapper blues but more than enough King's and Spot to make for a REALLY good trip.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Some spots are still there, but the numbers are going down. Fishing with one of my buddies from 11am to 11 pm on last Wed, we only caught about 80 spots and more than 20 croakers (10-12") as well as 3-4 TB weakfishes (11-12"). Many many small croakers (around 8") were there. Did not see any good size blue (such as 12" above) being pulled up. On the other hand, a friend of mine did land some decent size blues (3-4 lb) at IRI in the same day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts