Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is almost time for my trip down to Fort Myers. I have been reading everyones post for six months now and my boys and I are ready to go fishing. I have a copy of the hot spot that you all give me. What can I expect when we yet there? What will be the best time to go (I know anytime is a good time to go fishing) and what will be the best bait. Any thing you tell me will help because this is our first time in the saltwater.THANKS

·
Registered
130 Posts
4 boys,

We're still recovering from Red Tide but things are slowly picking up. Made it out a few times last week, but weather had messed things up.

Best independant reports have come out of Sanibel at Yebel Point. Second was on the Sanibel Causeway. There's other good areas but I haven't had any independant reports on those.

Best bait chose is as usual...live shrimp. It will catch just about anything down here.

Hope to get back out in the next couple of days and get a better report...unless you want to hear about blowfish, catfish, and biteoffs,LOL. :rolleyes:

Tight lines,

Jighead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.