Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

4,634 Posts
ORV permits enable you to drive on the beach or trails in Maryland. I don't see why you need one for PLO. Here is the MD link

ORV is defined as a motorized vehicle designed for or capable of cross-country travel on land, water, snow, ice, marsh, swampland or other natural terrain. Off-road vehicles include a four-wheel drive or low pressure tire vehicle; an automobile; a truck; a motorcycle and related two-wheel vehicles; an amphibious machine; a ground effect or air cushion vehicle; a snowmobile; and a golf cart.

Off-road vehicles must be registered annually with DNR and display a registration sticker. Registration stickers are available from any DNR regional service center, and stickers and trail maps are available at the five state forests where ORV use is permitted.

ORV's must meet Department standards and inspection requirements.

ORV's used in Maryland must be registered with the Department of Natural Resources State Forest and Park Service.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.