Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No fishing below Barnum when they have a weekend Whitewater releases of 1,000 CFS. Fished above the dam at all the local places like Kitzmiller and Wallman. Other places like the Youghiogheny, Bear Creek, Savage, and the Casselman all produced fish.

Check the flows daily to see where to go...

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll probably be making a solo trip out there sometime during the Summer months if anyone wants to join me. Last year Trevor joined me out there for a couple of days.
Waders, studded wading boots, and a wading staff are mandatory, safety items - I would not wade without any of them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'll probably be making a solo trip out there sometime during the Summer months if anyone wants to join me. Last year Trevor joined me out there for a couple of days.
Waders, studded wading boots, and a wading staff are mandatory, safety items - I would not wade without any of them.
I would love to go
I have waders and boots but not studded would need a staff too but I don't mind buying the gear
I live near Cape Charles VA
drop me a line @ [email protected]

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll post when I'm going. Wading boots with felt soles are not allowed in Maryland. Without studs on your wading boots (and no felt either), you'll be asking for trouble.

It may be possible to put stainless steels screws into the bottoms of your wading boots provided they aren't too long and your boots have enough material on the bottom to support them...

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Understand. Looking at the flows out there from last year, it looks like a late September of early October trip is my guesstimate right now. My Fall trips are usually 2 or 3 days long so I can fish all the rivers and streams.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Strap on Korkers are way too heavy for trout fishing were you can walk miles on railroad tracks to get to good waters. Good rubber wading boots with Vibram soles and metal screw in studs are the way to go AND a staff.

I've had a pair for Korkers for years and would not dare to fish the jetties here in Delaware without them.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Next trip is set for December 10th if anyone wants to join me. You do not have to wade if you don't want to or can't...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a 3/4" diameter Folstaff brand staff but my first staff was carved from a tree branch. I'd start with a wooden one unless you want to spend $$$. Whether you buy one - or carve/whittle one - make sure it is long enough (Folstaff has several different lengths depending on your height) for you to put a cord on it to buckle to your waders or pants belt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts