Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll be making a day trip to Western Maryland next Tuesday and Wednesday. I plan on fishing all rivers out there provided the flows are good. This includes the North Branch of the Potomac on the MD/WV border, the Casselman, and the Youghiogheny.

I'm looking to see if anybody wants to join me on this trip. You'll need waders with wading boots (studs are highly recommended), a wading staff, and trout fishing gear. This is not a bait fishing trip. Most of the areas I fish are "Catch and Release" and artificial lures only.

We can split a room or have separate rooms if you like. Room will cost $112 a night, taxes included. I will only stay 1 night (Tuesday).

Let me know if you are interested in making the trip. I have been fishing out there for almost 20 years and know lots of beautiful spots to fish.

Please send me an email if you are interested. Trevor and I made a trip out there this Summer and had a good time catching trout.

Sandcrab
Water Sky Cloud Plant Ecoregion
Water Water resources Fluvial landforms of streams Plant Tree
Water Liquid Fluid Hood Sink
Water Plant Water resources Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DD,

Flows are everything. I check them prior to I actually leaving to make sure the areas I fish are fishable. My rule of thumb for wading the NB of the Potomac is:
Below the dam - not over 400 CFS
Above the dam - not over 200 CFS

So far the Cassellman is unfishable. I will probably fish below the dam and above it if flows are good. I had lots of luck fishing the Wallman and Kitzmiller areas this Spring and Summer. I always catch fish at Barnum whenever I fish there...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
57 Posts
DD,

Flows are everything. I check them prior to I actually leaving to make sure the areas I fish are fishable. My rule of thumb for wading the NB of the Potomac is:
Below the dam - not over 400 CFS
Above the dam - not over 200 CFS

So far the Cassellman is unfishable. I will probably fish below the dam and above it if flows are good. I had lots of luck fishing the Wallman and Kitzmiller areas this Spring and Summer. I always catch fish at Barnum whenever I fish there...

Sandcrab
I have fished the NB at 600 plus, and it's not fun. Rocks are like greased bowling balls. I was younger and dumber then....

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Easier to fish the NB than the Youk (huge borders under the dam) or the Savage, which is IMHO really treacherous...

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Water Water resources Sky Plant Natural landscape
Hand Water Vertebrate Organism Fish
Sky Ecoregion Natural landscape Water Natural environment

Water Water resources Plant Plant community Fluvial landforms of streams

Fished Youghiogheny and NB of the Potomac. Fish are there! 1/8 oz spoons took all!

Until next Spring visit...

Sandcrab

1 - 8 of 8 Posts