Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going down next week for a few days? Any P&S members fished the point recently? pups, flounder or blues? I might hit the point instead of in front of the house, nothing but small sand sharks :rolleyes:

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
My wife and I fished the point Sunday and caught a couple of nice spanish, 5 flounder (2 keepers) and numerous blues. We hope to try it again this weekend. Maybe we'll see you there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice report man. So you caught some spanish from the surf then?? thats awesome. never caught em from the surf, really never tried I guess for them down there. i will take some sting silvers then.

Thanks

My wife and I fished the point Sunday and caught a couple of nice spanish, 5 flounder (2 keepers) and numerous blues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am going down to Oak Island in Sep. I usually go to Kure beach but the inlaws want to try Oka Island. What can I expect?

We are staying at a place called Ocean Crest Motel, their web site says they have there own pier. Any one know anything about it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ocean crest pier?

Only considered the "the King of Piers" for one reason...
Yeah but I would like to stay in the sand most of the time, although I might check out OCP :beer:

I would love to hook into a puppy drum and I believe the west end gives me my best chance I believe

·
Registered
67 Posts
There's a "T" pier at the end of West street thats open to the public, I've caught alot of puppy drum from there using popper rigs with live shrimp

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm not sure, I've always just seen a little T there. You cann't miss it,its at the end of the road,as far west as you can drive on Oak Island Drive. When you come to the end there it is right in front of yah!

·
Registered
157 Posts
That sounds like the place I was thinking of. I'd like to find a good place to fish for puppy drum. I never have much luck with them in the surf. I think that place was called something /Shuster Park and the town had to remove the parking lot at one time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts