Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
I have fished there

I have in-laws down there and I will be visiting Oct 30 - Nov 3. I have fished the Port Charlotte pier with my brother-in-law. Just a small trout. E-mail me back and maybe we can hook up and dip a rod or two.

:cool:

·
Registered
256 Posts
i've been fishing a little further north of that for the past few months. around st. pete. but, articles about the port charlotte fishery are in all the free tackle shop mags constantly. grab those and ask at the shops. check the regs too, trout season closes the day after halloween. i do know of some excellent fishing near sanibel island. big snook caught there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Charlotte harbor fishing

I also have a mother in law with a house there. I am lucky in that hers has a lighted dock! Snook will be hitting as well as Reds, trout and all the usual suspects. I have been fishing there on holidays for the last 4 years usually about twice a year. I have had some epic battles on that dock! I will be there for 10 days over Thanksgiving - drop me a line and maybe we can drown some shrimp or if you want more details on locations let me now.
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts