Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its was Clydes birthday;
We went offshore before first light yesterday....We got home after dark...(Okay Kenny, Clyde and I are talking shit now about you Hatty Boys)

Red grouper were biting like pinfish.
We got Reds, Scamps, AJ's, Pinkies, Grunts....You know, the kind of fishing trip you'd like to turn the boat around and go home because the bite sucked so bad:cool:
Ryan's AJ

Making room in the fish box after about an hour.

What I thought was a speckeld hind but unsure.

After the catch.

Clydes jigged up gouper.

Oh, did I mention an eleven pound lobster that the hottie and I are eating tonight! You think a Maine Lobster is good? How often do you get to eat the legs of a northern atlantic bug like they were king crab legs? 53 inches from tip of longest spine to tail and 14 inch girth of tail with 14 inches long tail. We are eating the legs too... they are fat! 11 pounds Spiney!
The bug!

What can I say?
the biggest lobster I've seen a picture of was nine pounds. This one was 11.

I cant wait to div ethis ledge soon for more bugs.. MMMMM

Look at the water in the back gound....Thats as rough as it was all day...30 miles offshore.

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I was hoping youd chime in quick Kenny. Maybe Clyde can talk you and Tater into fishing down this way one time.........and we could reciprocate....in the winter.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Those grouper sure were tasty last night, along with some more cold ones! I'll be by for the leftover lobster for lunch Ryan!

What a great day it was, definitely one that will be etched into my memory for quite a while to come. Flat seas, cold beer, good company, and did I mention the fishing was fantastic? I caught two on jigs, two on bait, and two on the trusty Ma Hat bucktail (which, unlike the Spro bucktail, my hooks didn't BEND),. Ole' John musta caught 8 or 10, he put it to us whippersnappers again. I'm used to that though, he always does!

Back to the bent hook, UNCdub had a MONSTER grouper on a SPRO bucktail with gulp trailer, but the hook bent half way up. That fish had to be over 20# the way it was busting Ryans ass. But I'll have to say that SPRO redeemed itself with the Lobster!

So when we going back?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Great chit guys! Good fishing and brews to boot! Man Ryan, what a day to be out on the water with the buds... ;) :beer: Hope that bug was good and Clyde, those grouper slabs and chilly beer sound most excellent right about now...

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Those grouper sure were tasty last night, along with some more cold ones! I'll be by for the leftover lobster for lunch Ryan!

What a great day it was, definitely one that will be etched into my memory for quite a while to come. Flat seas, cold beer, good company, and did I mention the fishing was fantastic? I caught two on jigs, two on bait, and two on the trusty Ma Hat bucktail (which, unlike the Spro bucktail, my hooks didn't BEND),. Ole' John musta caught 8 or 10, he put it to us whippersnappers again. I'm used to that though, he always does!

Back to the bent hook, UNCdub had a MONSTER grouper on a SPRO bucktail with gulp trailer, but the hook bent half way up. That fish had to be over 20# the way it was busting Ryans ass. But I'll have to say that SPRO redeemed itself with the Lobster!

So when we going back?
Caught drum over 50lb,cobes up to 80,jacks (amber and cravelle) up to 50,as well as decent sized kings,ain't bent a hook yet....

OBTW,how's yer supply doing???

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'll pick up a half dozen from ya at the tourney if you got 'em. Not the arrowheads, the "cheeky" ones. White with the touch of red.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The lobster was caught on a bucktail, snagged one of his legs I believe. The thing was kicking Ryan's butt, was fighting just like a grouper.

That's one of the things I love about offshore bottom fishing, you never know what you're going to pull up from the deep!

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Lobster

The tail was pretty tough being that it was so big. We saved most of it for some seafood chowder tomorrow night. The legs....Wow, better then imagined.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts