Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone venture to PLO during the weekend? Is it crazy packed? We went during the middle of the week in early August and it was fairly vacant. Fishing was slow though. Wanted to see if it was super crowded on Fridays or the weekend for an upcoming trip.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I do notice the crowd size has eased up in numerous places I have observed. However, i would recommend you get there before 10:00am just in case.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Crowd and dirty at weekends. Those who clean this place for us are hero. Plenty of blues. You can get some slot reds.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info! Any size to the blues? From shore, besides the pier where are most of you having more luck? The bay side or potomac side? Last time I was there the point was closed due to construction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am going out there next week Thursday and Friday. At least it is in my plans. Will let you know. Hopefully get some Blues.

·
Registered
235 Posts
the weekends are normally packed.most people are social distancing.most are in picnic area. was out there 2 weeks ago on a saturday.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We fished PLO on 8/28. Started on the beach area next to the pier for an hour and managed a 13” blue before being chased away from the biting flies. They were out in force. Relocated to the causeway and caught two keeper croakers 13” and 10”. Lots of small jumping fish close to shore. Most likely small drums. Landed a few with the largest only being 13-14” so no keepers. One guy next to us said he managed 4-5 keeper blues in the morning. Good fishing weather but with no wind the flies got bad on the causeway too. Bug spray did not help either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts