Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started out trying to catch some kinda live bait with only limited success. Three perch and a small menhaden. All my usual bait spots weren't producing. They may have all left. I tried the rt. 50 bridge and took home the skunk. I was trying to live bait those perch with no success. I saw several people with keepers that were caught on lures. I am not too proficient with lures so I had no luck with them. Oh well, I may try again sometime next month. The next morning I went on the Morning Star with 4 other people and had a great time. Even though we didn't limit out, we still caught a lot of fish. Non-stop action all day with many undersized fish with a lot of decent fish. They were running from 6 inches to 4 pounds. There were also a lot of aggressive blues running from the 5-12 pound range. They were snatching up those sea bass if you weren't reeling them fast enough. I think we ended up with around 90-100 fish b/w the 5 of us. Once again Capt. Monty and his mate came through again. His mate helped two people in my group who had no prior wreck fishing experience and made their trip memorable. I once again recommend him highly as he tries his hardest to get you on the fish. I tried using green crabs to entice a nice tog but the seabass were just too aggressive to let any other fish in. Time to go get some sleep.
-Anthony

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that Fl Fisherman and friends were catching black-tip sharks and that he caught a 24 inch rockfish on my brand new, never been used by me OM fishing rod with a brand new Daiwa Emblem reel that I let him borrow. Only nice gamefish that they have told me about. Hopefully they will have a great report from AI soon.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Nice report Anthony. Looks like the trip was a success! Especially with the family. Yeah caught that nice rock off of your pole. Always happens that way. Thanks for letting me borrow it. It is getting sprayed off now and next time we meet you will get it back. So you ready for some more AI fishing? I am!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts