Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my son fished the surf at Surfside hard this weekend and ended up catching a lot of fish. Ended up with at least eight different specis and was missing some of the most common. Started early Friady and discovered a very pronounces trough in the surf. At high tide we did well in the trough on whiting and pomps and as the tide fell we walked out to the sand bar and cast to the structure on out. Caught some nice sea bass and it is a shame to have to throw back 11" black sea bass, there is a nice piece of meat on that size fish, but we did. My son did catcth a 22" flounder in the surf that day on a finger mullers fished on a fish finder rig. That night was a bunch of undersize black drum and small whiting. Saturday was about the same till early afternoon when it seemed a front moved through. Cold colder and wind picked up and the bite shut down about twenty minutes before the rain started. Had a break in the rain that allowed us to fish some that night and had good luck with whiting in numbers and as the rain started again caught on gaint whiting. Sunday the sand bar is moving closer to shore and the fishing held constant. Only problem was the size of fish. All but the one flounder and whiting were on the small side. Still a great time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts