Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I headed out to Choptank on friday and had a relative slow day. There were some spot around this time around and tried live lining some with no takers. I live lined some small perch earlier in the day and ended up with some catfish. The fishing was slower than last week but still ended up with 15 croakers, a nice spot, and 2 catfish. The croakers ranged from 12-16 inches with most on the smaller end. The catfish were around 18 inches. Fish were caught on an assortment of baits. Bloodworms and razor clams worked the best. I didn't see any other types of fish. Most others around me weren't catching much and only saw three other croakers caught. The next day I went fishing in Ridge, MD. It's more of a boating report so for results, check the boating board.
-Anthony

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
18 fish sounds like a pretty good outing. I think things will be slow at the Tank until the trout and blues arrive. Everything is late this year. I probably won't fish the Tank again until fall when the big stripers return. That's when live lining is at its best there. Thanks for the report. BTW what time of day was the best bite and what stage was the tide? I'm keeping a Tank log book and this info will be helpful. Thanks.

Catman.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Catman how did you make out with the new boat? Don't see a post on the week end trip, did moma make you go sight-seeing?
hope youall enjoyed your outing.:cool:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Catman,
I'm not sure about the tides but most of the fish bit before nightfall. The fish bit periodically throughout the day. It seems that they were coming in waves. Around 11:00pm there was another wave of fish that lasted until I left around 1:00am. It didn't seem like there was any major bite. It was dead when the fireworks went off and stayed dead until 11:00. I wasn't expecting much from live-lining. I have noticed that when the schools of menhaden come in, that's when the fish start taking the live baits. Anyway hope this helps and if you need to know anything else, I will try to help the best I can.
-Anthony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts