Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking good:
COASTAL WATERS FROM SANDY HOOK NJ TO FENWICK ISLAND DE OUT 20 NM- 945 AM EST TUE DEC 2 2003
...GALE WARNING...

.THIS AFTERNOON...NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS TO 35 KT. SEAS 5 TO 8 FT. A CHANCE OF SPRINKLES OR FLURRIES FROM ABOUT LITTLE EGG INLET NORTH. .TONIGHT...NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. .WED...NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. .WED NIGHT...NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. .THU...NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT BECOMING VARIABLE. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. .THU NIGHT...VARIABLE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT BECOMING E 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. .FRI...E WINDS 15 TO 20 KT INCREASING TO 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT BUILDING TO 4 TO 6 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN. .SAT...E WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 6 TO 10 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

:barf:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Any (I believe) East coast surf location with "W" in the wind, is not good for us.

Oh well,

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Update

Here is the latest, looks like a good weekend to rent some DVD's and clean out the tackle boxes:

THU NIGHT
VARIABLE WINDS 10 KT OR LESS BECOMING E AND INCREASING
TO 10 TO 20 KT TOWARD MORNING. SEAS BUILDING TO 2 TO 4 FT. RAIN
LIKELY...POSSIBLY BEGINNING AS SNOW. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

FRI
NE WINDS INCREASING TO 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS BUILDING TO 8 TO 13
FT. RAIN LIKELY WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

FRI NIGHT
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT AND GUSTY. SEAS BUILDING TO 12 TO
18 FT. CHANCE OF RAIN.

SAT
NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT AND GUSTY. SEAS BUILDING TO 14 TO 20 FT.
CHANCE OF RAIN.

SUN
NE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT AND GUSTY BECOMING N IN THE EVENING.
SEAS 17 TO 25 FT. CHANCE OF RAIN

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Looks like Thursday night and Friday my brother and I will be fishing in my "favorite" weather, NE winds, rain and maybe snow. BillR, that is what I meant by winds with a W not good, though seas calm, wind seems to blow the bait fish and therefore my quarry out of casting range, except maybe the few stragglers.

Now, with the winds and seas, wonder if they will end up closing part of the island due to tides. At least it AIn't a full moon.

Gotta love AI.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AI

I hope you get the big one Shaggy. I only have four vacation days left for this year and they are scheduled for 12/23 - 12/26 or else I would join you in the storm. Hopefully you'll get a good wind and some bait will be in the wash as well as your new personal best! Tight lines buddy!:)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
With,winds like that there will surely be a blitz in the North Pocket of IRI;burr sounds cold though.Might try some freshwater fishing instead soon?:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts