Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what makes you say, Nah fish wont be biting anyway an stay home. :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i'll fish in any weather if the fish are biting, but the one i like the least you don't have up there, no wind at all.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Graphite rods tell the story..

No lightning....everything else is tolerable. ;)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No snow for me C DOG. Haven't seen any in a while and don't care to see any ever again . :D
Thunder and Lightning #1 If the cold don't get ya the Lighting will.
Look what it did to this graphite rod.:D

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having fished in all but th snow I chose thunder and lightning. Kinda th reason I posted th poll cuz I was out th door an th lightning started. As far as unfavorable conditions, some of my best fishing has been done when conditions were less than favorable for humans. ;)

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I usually won't fish in the bitter cold, and I usually take cover in a thunderstorm. Back in the summer, I was nearly lit up when my pole started buzzing with static electricity during a storm. That was scary.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Koz, that is the scariest thing I've seen in a long time. I was actually on a Va. pier as a kid when St. Elmo's Fire started coming off the rods and reels, as well as causing people's hair to stand up. Creepiest thing I ever saw.

I voted lightning, too. But I must admit I hate heat and won't fish when it's too hot, and extremely high wind can making fishing impossible. But I'm game for anything else.

I fished in sleet last winter; I've fished in driving rain; I've fished in light snow; I've fished at all hours. Fact is fishing, and particularly fall fishing, is best done in rotten weather. The colder, nastier and snottier the weather the better I usually do.

I'm already looking forward to this weekend's cold front. :)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I guess I'm just spoiled with the 85 degree temps loads of sunshine and lets not forget the girls in there bikinis walking up to on the beach and asking " What kind of fish fo you catch here " . Gotta love it. Telling them about the big one is a great Ice breaker . :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ill fish in almost anything. ALMOST! ill usually go in for a little while in lightning and cold doesnt bother me much neither does rain but the one thing that I absolutly hate when im fishin is a strong wind. But its also just me fishing is my life so what ever the weather is like when i have a chance ill still go or atleast try

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Koz, you suck! :p

Just wait until the snowstorms kick in around here and we're all freezing to death up north. Then you can really tick us off.

Here's a shot of my neck of the woods last winter. *shudder*

·
Registered
186 Posts
Anything but lighting. I've fished when it was so hot I actually sufrered heat exhaustion, fortunately I was fishing a farm pond with the house nearby or I would have passed out from the walk. Never fished in snow unfortunately but I've been on the pier at times when the wind was so high and the temp so low that my insulated coveralls over top of my normal heavy jacket wouldn't keep me warm. Ahhhh, memories:rolleyes:
Tight lines and popped riggers

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I have fished it all of these conditions. But I sold my 7 foot fiberglass rod a couple of years ago, so I watch out for the flashy stuff.

·
Registered
634 Posts
i cant wait for a good snow storm.... first and last time i seen snow is when i was stationed at NAS oceana back in 89' or 90'...its snowed like 16 inches!i built my first snowman while drunk at 5:30 am lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
i have fished in it all but snow. havn't had the chance to do that. i was hooked up with a large shark with about 25 mph winds with rain and lighting and i was to heck with it had to fight it out. landed it, and went inside the bait shop.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
This happens every winter . You post PICs of snow and I post PICS of palm trees and beautiful anglers . :p

I will keep you in suspense with the PIC of the Bikini angler. :D
The air temp has to drop to 32 up north for those Pic's to come out .:p

·
Registered
114 Posts
ditto on the palm tree's Kozlow.. Although, not many bikinis approach me while I'm fishing..... * innocent look* wonder why........ ???????? :rolleyes: lol I've never even SEEN snow, so I can't say I've fished when it's snowing. Did catch one of my biggest drums during one of those relentless drizzles though... I was under the 520 bridge, heading to Cocoa Beach...... I'll stay out until the lightening stats popping.....

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Haven't beed surf/pier fishing that long; but I don't get cold very often and the only thing up there that will kill you is lighting, so it gets my vote.

Grew up in Michigan fished all year round, trout, pike, walleye and perch in the summer, the same in the winter except the trout.

I do miss ice fishing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts