Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are calling for rain for next 40 days... :(

I was hoping to get some fishing in but if it gets too windy and cold...

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have done some of my best fishing in the rain. I tends to keep less crowds at some of th best locations

·
Registered
254 Posts
The rain does chase the crowds away. But with all the rain we're getting, the fish might not be biting this weekend. That is a lot a fresh water mixing into the saltwater.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Folks

Rain Or Shine i will be fishing this weekend. I dont know where yet but I will definitely be on the water somewhere. I have to agree on rain keeping some of the people away. I have rain gear so it doesnt bother me. Anybody coming out let me know and I might venture that way.

MC

"Remember,the further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I have a new rod and reel --dying to ge tout and try it. Just found out I'm going to upsate NY Friday night and coming back Tuesday. I guess I'll have to try and fish when I get back. :(

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Husky,

There's fish in Upstate NY. I would take advantage of this trip and get a couple of casts in. Have Fun.

MC

"Remember,The further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in. ;)

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys,

they are calling for 5 to 8mph wind for this weekend. Temps in the 50s with showers (sometimes heavy). I don't mind the rain, just the cold and the wind. How windy is 5 to 8mph?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
5 to 8 is sweet 50 is fine too.... you have to dress for success right!...Matepeake and Romancoke has my name on it this weekend...the blues should be off both piers now..I got my fingers cross thought :D

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
I think I'll sit out the rainy weather and pour some lead. Just got a new 8 oz bank sinker mold and a combo 3/4, 1, and 1 1/2 oz jig mold. I've got plenty of lead. Bought 6, 5 lb. lead plumber's ingots at a yard sale for $2.00 ea.

Catman.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Yeah, but the cost of a license in NY is too high. I'd have to pay $12 to fish one day.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys,

Winds for friday night for annapolis area has been upgraded to 15 to 18mph. :eek:

man.. i'm itching to fish...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts