Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
that store that sells guns right up the street from waysons on the right sells bait and fresh minnows as well fyi. nice folks.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I saw you down there , you went to the other side opposite of the pier. I was on the pier with 2 others but left when rain came hard. I fish for YPs but I'm more of a Crappie/ WPs/ Bay fisherman!!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Earl odlf Dc I saw you. Ok. I did good, got 5 all females nice and fat. I left when the rain came around 1:30. I only fish Waysons for yp other than that I'm a bay guy.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Nice yellows, and good pictures. I am still waiting for the yellows to show up in the marshy Hope Creek. I only get one now and then. But It is close. Nice to see a few people getting them up in shallow water.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks catman, they were delishes and filled with roe.
Andypat Im surprised you guys havent had a thaw like we have. The yellows will show up eventually.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
I don't know which I like better, fried YP or their roe. I love the roe for breakfast with scrambled eggs and country sage sausage. Looks like you and Andy should get together.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Thanks catman, they were delishes and filled with roe.
Andypat Im surprised you guys havent had a thaw like we have. The yellows will show up eventually.
The ice is all gone. It won't be long now. Where did you get that fish rule? I have to get one like that. I don't like to carry this one around I used in FL. Fish Fish Common rudd Perch Bony-fish

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Andypat I got it yrs ago from a dnr officer while I was fishing in Friendship in Charles County for yp. He is good officer. I ddnt have one and he offered me the one he had.
Yeah the ice is gone but they need cold water to make the run. I'm enjoying it though. I'm taking my kidd this weekend.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Watch out Hueski, I don't know how old your kid is, but I started mine Perch fishing when he was 6 or 7.
We haven't missed a spring in over 20 years now.
You might start a habit like I did, if you are not careful.
It is a tough habit to kick, fishing with your kid.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dena I have two boys 16&7, they love fishing and the outdoors. My 16 year old is a straight A student and works. My 7 year old wakes me up at 6 am talkin bout lets go fishing daddy. I love it man. I wish I could take some inner city kids fishing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts