Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to fish for pickerel this morning but the marina had Ice on it. So I went to a lake that was half open water. I caught four crappie and stopped fishing because of cold weather. Wish I still had my ice fishing suite. Photograph Shadow Paper product Art Paper
Text Paper product Paper Pattern History
Paper Paper product

· Registered
457 Posts
1982. That was probably about the last time that we have had much fishable ice in the upper bay. I know Herb and Mike Benjamin still fish the ice in the North East quite a bit and a few guys did get out on the ice in a local creek last year. I think they also ice fish the quarry too. I don't remember what year I gave it up but it was never that productive for me-probably because I didn't know what I was doing. Somewhere I still have a bunch of small jigs that I modified to use under the ice.

· Registered
457 Posts
I went up to Herbs today to get some hooks to pour up some darts for PA and they were closed. Also went by to buy my permit for the docks at Owen's they were closed too. Looks like my luck just continues.

PAJ, they are so old that the paint probably would flake off of a lot of them. I will see if I can find them. They were made by taking a 1/32 oz. round head jig and cutting the "bottom" of the head off with a pair of diagonal cutters. They were all either #8 or smaller hooks. I'll see if I can find them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.