1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a post from another board

Posted by RIVERMAN / 2:15 PM 10/15/2003

Warning Bonsteel park!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday 10/14/03: stoped by Bonsteel park around 6:30pm, fished for about 20 minutes, went back to my truck for a longer rod, noticed damage to the passanger side door lock, opened the door, everything looks cool, new penn rod ,cell phone, still in the cab. Then I look under the seat for my Canon Camera, its gone. I run back to the beach, and tell the guys fishing a little ways down, to check their car. He has damage to his driver side lock and trunk lock, his lap top computer was taken from the trunk, the only thing missing. I call brevard county sheriff's office about 7:eek:opm, officer arrives at 9:15pm, long wait, I fill out a stolen property report, the officer takes a few photos of the damage to the lock. Camera value $250. Not a lot of money, but the film in the camera had pictures of my 12 year old niece, at a junior girls golf event. I called the sheriff's office today and gave them the serial numbers on the camera. Maybe I'll get lucky and the camera with film will turn up somewhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry to hear that - I had some gear stolen out at Playalinda beach a few years ago and as I understand it, vehicle break-ins are still common there. Apart from losing items with $$ value, what really sucks is to lose something you are attached to or has more personal value to you than what it's worth money-wise.

I started putting everything in my trunk that I can't take with me. Guess people could still break-in to the trunk if they were skilled enough but at least my car *looks* empty... just make sure you disable the trunk release if your car has one inside the passagner compartment.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
The first person who tries to mess with my gear or my car will leave in an ambulance.:mad:

·
Registered
823 Posts
amen brother

i agree with emanual........... it would be cap bustin time......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts