Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my oldest kid made it to the second round of the firefighters combat challenge....... gotta stay and be proud pop

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Good Luck to the Youngin Topsailbum and don't stick you proud chest out to far.
Take care

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KOZ YA know better than that....gotta poke it out that far. he's a good kid

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Congrats topsailbum. I have watched that on ESPN before and that is some serious stuff he is going through. I wish him all the luck.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS GUYS................ he didnt place in the finals by any means but he did finish with a respectable time............not bad considering he is 16 huh!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea its pretty rough stuff. their gear is 65# to start . they have to carry a hose pack (55#) up five stories. then thay have to hand over hand haul another hose roll also 55# up the outside of the tower another 5 stories. then they have to run down the steps and get on a keiser which involves driving a 100# block of metal 15" with an 8# dead blow sledge hammer. the they have to run a 6 turn slalom course, to pick up a charged fire hose and run back 75' and knock down a target. then they have to pick up and grag a 175# rescue dummy 106' to the finish line he was 2 minutes and 16 seconds. finished 28 out of 63. but its his first year , first run at it. either way this pop is quite proud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts