Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to spsp this morning @0600 There was 1 other person out there 3 more came @0830 was overcast windy and cold. I got the old vanstaal and breakaway out and was blanked. the line to get in from route 50 was horrendous.I live in Pasadena so i came down college parkway to the service road, was in line for 5 minutes.go this way if you want to beat the line. college parkway is off of ritchie highway by aacc. Mcrae showed up as i was leaving @10:00 hopefully he had better luck. I used blodworms and also tossed sassy shad in pepper color and also pencil popper thought i saw something on top. just my imagination though.Hey steve please post on how you did.it was just good to get out even though they blanked me :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Got to SPSP at around 12:30p.m.,it was sunny with a cool breeze, there were only about 2 or 3 people fishing the beach including Mcrae, set up next to him, and over the next 2hrs we caught 12 to 14 rocfish including 4 over 28 ins.Saw others to our left catch at least 4 keepers.Also saw at least one croaker caught.The rest of the afternoon we caught shorts.Kept our one per day over 28 ins. :D :D :D P.S. bait of choice was bloodworm.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew I should have stayed mcrae said they would be coming Oh well Got some yard work done. Good job jamcaster I am sure I will see you around. Nate L.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Sandcrab, Jangwuah, and I showed up areound 2:30 or 3.
The lay of the beach really changed--the point is now like a peninsula.
Jamcaster, if that was you with the cart, I came over and talked to you briefly.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
If there's one thing I've learned about Sandy Point, it's that you should always listen to Mcrae. When he says they're coming, they're coming. :cool:

·
Banned
803 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Ok bayfisher 89 fish!!! Entirely too much! You need to take the next few months off and let us rookies get a chance. I have caught ONE rock this year and it was a month ago in the york river in va, when you couldn't keep em yet :( No really good job ;)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
We were up in DE--but the weather was nasty and the fish weren't biting. So we came to fish SP. It sucked watching you guys reel in fish as we stared at our rods doing nothing. I figured it was someone from the board. Anyone into fishing enough to have a cart like that has to be spending time on P&S!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I went down to PLSP Sunday nite and only caught small Rock,no keepers but if you were on the right corner of the pier you would have been doing all right with Jumbo Croaker(two at a time). :mad: should of gone SPSP stupid me :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts