Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As reported the other week, I broke one of my rods after our fishing marathon...at least I thought I broke it. I paid a visit to Warren (Chesapeake kid) and it turns out the rod wasn't broken...just a little piece came off.

I still wanted to order a new rod, as well as some braided line from him. I told him the specs that I was looking for...medium-heavy action, 2pc 7'-8', $20-$40 price range...nothing too fancy.

Warren went to work and had plenty of options for me to choose from within a minute. Both online and book calatogs full of options. Not only did he have a great selection for me to choose from, he also is armed with a great bit of knowledge from his own personal experiences. I was able to ask him many questions, and he answered them all.

He gave me a tour of his operation as well. He has everything. Bloodworms...night crawlers...shrimp...herring...minnows...salted baits...frozen baits...you need it, he has it. It was quite impressive.

Anyways...I placed the order with him on Sunday afternoon (You pay 70% of the total, and pay the remaining balance when you pick up your items). Monday, he called me to let me know that he sent the order in. He told me I should hear back from him on Friday. Friday came...he called me to let me know the rod was in. I was out of town, so I told him I'd contact him when I got back. I picked up the rod yesterday, and was pleased with his reccomendation (8' Shakespeare Power Rod) .

I am very pleased with the services provided by Warren's shop, and will definitely be utilizing his services again in the future. He's a straight up, honest guy, with great customer service!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree with Metroman. Chesapeake_kid is extremely knowledgeable, kind, make his own sinkers and does not mind answering all of your questions. He is not hurry up and buy then go. The last batch of worms he sold me looked like fat baby snakes. Caught those 18 croakers with his worms and still had several snakes for the next day. He is more than just a person selling tackle and bait. He is a fisherman as well. He will not let you walk away disappointed or second guessing.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I just discoverd Warren's this spring and I only live 3 miles from his shop. Unlike the big stores he has just what you need and none of the stuff you don't. You can tell he's a fisherman by what he keeps in stock It's a nice place

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have never met MetroMan or Shadezz, or any of Warren's customers for that matter, however, I too can attest to having the same experience that they have posted about. He has a high-quality operation going, and I encourage others of you to check him out.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just discoverd Warren's this spring and I only live 3 miles from his shop. Unlike the big stores he has just what you need and none of the stuff you don't. You can tell he's a fisherman by what he keeps in stock It's a nice place
chesapeake_kid is not the same shop you speak of. The original Warren's (Glen Burnie) has been around forever and is officially called Warren's Bait Box. But your right though, Ricky runs a great little shop.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have known warren as a personal friend for awhile now and will jump in on this. he's a great guy, good friend, and awesome fisherman. (i'm better though):rolleyes: get out fishing with this guy. just be sure to leave him some time for me and be careful. when your beat and ready to leave, it's like dragging your kid out of chuck e cheeses :D your my boy warren

·
Registered
78 Posts
Crappietracker, weren't you the one ready to leave PLO that night? :rolleyes: If I remember correctly both of you were passing the blame on who was ready to go. I had only been there for 30 to 45 min. The two of you had been there maybe a few hours. I caught my first fish after being there for 20 min then I caught the next and another. Chesapeake went to the front of the pier to where you were fishing. 10 min later I hear, he is ready to go. I see your rod broken down. You were afraid of the threat of rain. :p It did not rain. I stayed all night. BTW did you ever get your cigs back?
Maybe next time we can hook up again so I can see you catch all the fish. Right now Chesapeake has you beat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Warren is the best bait shop in middle / southern md period. I shop exclusively at his business. He has the excellent knowledge of fishing for all local venues. I support him 100% he's a breah of fresh air compaired to to the estabished bait and tackle shops. He has excellent customer service and prices. His blood worms are extra large, lively and full of vigor. He is hands down your best bang fot the buck. I highly recommend him to all anglers, plain and simple he is truly the best.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Going into this store is like having dinner with a BAD Ex. There's very little chance of you getting screwed.
Prices are more than fair, the bait's fine and the info is never bad. PLUS it's close to an Ice house, a KFC and Mickey Dee's for food ,and a Giant grocery store all 3 minutes off of I-97.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.