Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a 9-10 foot casting rod for a spinning reel able to throw up to 4 oz's. I would gladly trade a 10' jarvis walker tuff-tip which is new and only used 5 or 6 times over at chix. I believe the jw tuff-tip throws up to 4 or 6 oz. I can hit 75 yrds constistantly with 3 oz and my 500L which was spooled with 40lb big game. let me know...

todd

Just to clarify, I am not really looking to trade if you don't want to...I will pay money also.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I'd go with a Tsunami if you can get your hands on one. I have the 12XH for a spinner and I absolutely love it. There's also a lifetime over the counter warranty on it as well. One of my tackle reps gave me a deal I couldn't refuse on it. I think the one I have retails for about 110 bucks, but well worth it. Lighter than an OM and feels better too.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I will look into those too, and for all of you wanting to get one off your hands, I would consider it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
team daiwa rod

I have a 10 ft Team Daiwa spinning rod that is rated for 6 oz I will sell for 70 dollars if you pick it up..To much trouble to ship... like new..

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I have a 10.5' TICA

I have a 10'5 ft uneven two piece Tica spinning rod that I have used three times. Nice rod. If that isn't too big for you, I can provide the details. I have a nice cardboard tube I could ship it in if you want to go that route. Would have to get about $60 to be willing to sell it though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bassn,
You can check out the Tsunamis at Long Bay Point on Shore drive (next to Fire Station). They may cost a buck or two more for the rod but the guides alone are worth it. ( I've had to replace two of my guide tips off my Tica')
ltr,tw

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys,

I am still looking. haven't decided exactly what I want yet.

todd

tw- I will check those out too.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
FYI

The TICA is rated for 2 - 8 ounces. I like it best with 3 - 4. Come to think of it, I like all my rods best with 3 - 4.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I also have a 9' TICA.

But I would never let that rod go. It is my metal slinger. I love it! And, given the $32 plus s/h ebay price, I love it even more.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Blood knot, but I have changed my mind for the meantime. I just picked up a slosh 30 and will be needing a conventional now. 12' able to throw 8&b8 +.

todd

·
Registered
69 Posts
thats a good start. i might be able to help you out. i know of a guy who's got some rods to get rid of. pm me

·
Registered
288 Posts
Off da shelf heavers...

Tica = good rod

Tsunami.. = better rod...

Oceanmaster (bass Pro brand) = OUTSTANDING !!

B4 ya go buying a tsunami or Tica..go to BPS...I have both the tica 12' (also, the 9 and 10, so I do like Tica) and the OM 12' (rated 4-12) and have casted the tsunami..

last fall I bough the OM/Slosh30shv combo fer 8n (or 10n..or 12n) the Om is the way to go......best buy in town.... Rod loads great (gotta put alot more booty in it than the Tica or TS...)..but It'll flat sail 'em out there.....

IMHO..But..whatthehelldoiknow...

Custer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts