Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breathable of Neoprene? Boot foot or stocking foot? Who out there has purchased and or used them lately? Need to purchase soon for Nov surf fishing ..only have thigh length hip waders:(

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I have a pair of Neoprene stocking foot that are brand new,never been worned(I'm 6'2) so you know what size they are,the reason I'm trying to get rid of them is that my wife baught me a pair last christmas and didn't know I had a pair,couldn't take them back,didn't want to get her mad so I kept them. Give me your size and I'll check it out when I get home tonite. TRIGGER

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
murphman- your PM box is full,delete the send box. The size is (MLT) mens large tall,they are a little long for me,might fit you well. TRIGGER

·
Registered
21 Posts
I Just purchased this pairWaders . They are pretty nice and a heck of deal, much warmer then my other pair of rubber/nylon ones. I personally like the neoprene waders fo the warmth factor, expecially once the water gets freezing cold.
Tight lines,
Tim

·
Registered
215 Posts
If I could only own one pair of waders

I would get a breathable pair, if you ever wore neoprine on a warm fall day then you know what I am talking about. The other thing I found with neoprine is that if you fish with them a few days in a row, it takes a good while for them to dry out, meaning that on the third day out there your cold and damp. If you get a breathable pair, you can wear a thick pair of sweatpants under them to keep warm. Well, thats my 2 cents worth....

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I agree with Baran013, I have been fishing in Nov. on Hat on a cool day an been a bit uncomfortable. However for when its real cold I wouldn't be without my neoprenes. Thinking about getting a set of breathables for th late spring/early fall fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts