Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
a stocking foot breathable is the way to go... then you have a choice of what type boot you use with them... I use a flats boot on the beach... for the oysterbeds I may slip into a rubber lug sole... if I head inland for trout in the freestone streams I'll use either a felt sole or a studded felt sole...

·
Banned
946 Posts
depends on where you fish. But I get one light set(rubber or whatever) and one neoprene as rockfish suggested. Neoprene is just too hot for me in the late spring and early fall. But just right in the late fall, winter, and early spring. This for fishing the outerbanks in NC.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have used my Cabelas Dry-Plus breathable waders for five years now. Finally had to seal some of the seams this year. They are very comforable even in cold weather and I have been very satisfied. Several friends have also purchased these and are very satisfied. They are camo with a boot foot. They come in both regular and stout sizes.:) They are around $180.00. The Cabelas First Flight breathable waders are also very good, but no matter what you buy, get breathable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I fish Myrtle Beach starting in May. I know it sounds nuts but we wade out at night even with 15 foot rods trying to reach the rocks and fish. Its kinda cool and think waders will help. If I get stocking foot type wont sand fill the shoes? Appreciate you help.

·
Banned
946 Posts
Thanks guys, I fish Myrtle Beach starting in May. I know it sounds nuts but we wade out at night even with 15 foot rods trying to reach the rocks and fish. Its kinda cool and think waders will help. If I get stocking foot type wont sand fill the shoes? Appreciate you help.
I imagine neoprene would be too hot for there.

·
Registered
909 Posts
hodges breathable stocking foot. got mine for 89.00 ,change boots for conditions
get a boot that has laces so you can tighten to keep sand out . they have a clip that hooks to the lace that helps some if I wear short boots

9rock

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again for all your help, Looks like it breathable waders for me! We are very careful and dont wade when there is an undertow and always stay close, fish only with a buddy.Never over knee deep.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Think about the bootfoot breathables... Pull them on and you go fishin.

Stockingfoot you have to put the boots on tie them or whatever, sand gets in the boots and most times it is annoying as HE!!, taking them off is worse than putting them on. Then imagine if you want to go fishing again before they dry.

Sand in the boots will also wear on the wader creating leaks down the road.

I owned a pair of stockingfoot for year and I HATED them. I fish Hatteras alot in the fall and know hundreds of drumfisherman, I cannot think of one person who owns stocking foot waders.

Coldweather, simply layer underneath. November and December long underwear and sweat pants and you are fine.

Finally, I am not a fan of Bass Pro, but their "white River" breathables are a very good deal, If they leak in a year take em back, they stand behind em.

Only my opinion

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
You can't go wrong with a pair of LL BEAN Neoprene waders witht he boot built in. I think I paid $125 and they are a lifetime warrenty.. I don't use them in the summer unless it's at night..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.