Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I both have Hodgeman 3.5 mm neoprene waders and love 'em.

However, there is a small rip (~ 3/4") in one of her boots, on about the ouside ankle. Not sure how it happened, but it's aleaking!

Anybody have any sure-fire, tried and true methods to repair/seal that sucker??

Again, the rip is on the boot, not the neoprene.

Headed down for Christmas and would sure like to keep her feetsies warm and dry!!

Thanks.

Tina'sMike

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
With my old ones, use to use rubber cement inside and outside, and then a patch (like you would use with a waterbed or inflatable raft) both inside and outside. Just let the rubber cement dry about forty eight hours before you apply patches. Now personally, mine were closer to pin hole leaks vs. 3/4", but held up for awhile. Hope it helps.

Have Jeep will travel.:D

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I use a stick of something, not sure what is made of, you have to melt it with a lighter and smear it around the hole, last for about a year or so.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
TM, shaggy's nailed it . Rubber boots = rubber cement & a patch for rubber, just like a bike innertube patch. I've done the same with the boots. Actually had some other "fisherman" who was standing on the beach hook into my boot years ago at OI in a Bluefish Blitz. Wouldn't quit trying to land his "fish" no matter how hard I yelled until I walked up to him and showed him his citation Blue was actually a 180lb. fisherman :mad: A bit PO'd for a while but the bike patch held for a couple years after that:) Good luck if you ever hole the neo part, I've tryed but never have found anything to fix a tear in the material or seams.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
AQUASEAL (For Neoprene or any type of Wader Repair)

A urethane rubber repair compound for repairing holes and tears. Unsurpassed adhesion. Flexible. Resists abrasions. Convenient-one application, no tapes or patches required. 1 oz. tube with applicator tip. Drying time - overnight. PLEASE NOTE: AQUASEAL MAY ALSO BE USED FOR FLY LINE SPLICING, AS A FELT SOLE ADHESIVE AND AS A LEADER KNOT COVER (TO SMOOTH KNOTS OUT)Item No. ASEAL15 Each - 5.95

http://www.hookhack.com/waders.html

Hodgman Breathable Wader Repair Kit

http://www.bobwards.com/bobwards/servlet/item/compare/104230-02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts