Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out at the spit jetty by the bridge tonight for maybe two hours. Got there around 9pm got some cut spot in the water and poured me some hot chocolate to warm my bones. After about half an hour i decided to switch over to clam for bait. That was the right choice. They seemed to start hitting around 930. Pulled in the first one, just around 19'' i figured i could get something bigger so it got to swim off...

Caught four more kinda back to back. All schoolie sized 19-20''. Nothing i caught was short tho. Then for a few minutes nothing was happening so i decided to throw out all three rods and see what happens. Wow that was fun. I poured another hot drink and one rod starts bouncing, fish on. Then as im reeling the first rod in in my second rod starts bouncing down hard. Get the first in, kinda small and i quickly tossed it back in the water and ran for my second rod. Start reeling it in and now the third rod has something on it taking out line. I got the second in and its a keeper so i just let it sit there while i worked on the third rod. All in all i think i caught 8. Took the two in the second pic home to give my landlord tomorrow.

20+21''

On a side note as i was walking out there a marine police officer was getting into his truck. Having just come off the beach. First time i have seen them out there in a year and a half of fishing that spot. He didnt say anything to me when i walked right by him sitting in his truck. I was the only person on the beach.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
what, no bashing for having fish in the sand? :rolleyes:

nice fish man, gotta love when the bite is hot from the beach... thanks for postin.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:redface:

I knew i was going to hear that. I had my camera and tape in my pocket.
I had to check that first one, wasnt sure if it was legal or if i was going to keep it. The two in the sand went home. No messin around when there is a game warden hot on your tracks :fishing:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Nice work SGT. B. The season seems to be getting better by the day. (Especially after this NE and NW wind)

I can't wait to get a glass night and float an eel out by the SBC. Too early, I know, but the plans are in the makin'!!

Skunk

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Nice work. Congrats on the haul.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What is W.S.J? Where is it located?

Fished out at the spit jetty by the bridge tonight for maybe two hours. Got there around 9pm got some cut spot in the water and poured me some hot chocolate to warm my bones. After about half an hour i decided to switch over to clam for bait. That was the right choice. They seemed to start hitting around 930. Pulled in the first one, just around 19'' i figured i could get something bigger so it got to swim off...

Caught four more kinda back to back. All schoolie sized 19-20''. Nothing i caught was short tho. Then for a few minutes nothing was happening so i decided to throw out all three rods and see what happens. Wow that was fun. I poured another hot drink and one rod starts bouncing, fish on. Then as im reeling the first rod in in my second rod starts bouncing down hard. Get the first in, kinda small and i quickly tossed it back in the water and ran for my second rod. Start reeling it in and now the third rod has something on it taking out line. I got the second in and its a keeper so i just let it sit there while i worked on the third rod. All in all i think i caught 8. Took the two in the second pic home to give my landlord tomorrow.

20+21''

On a side note as i was walking out there a marine police officer was getting into his truck. Having just come off the beach. First time i have seen them out there in a year and a half of fishing that spot. He didnt say anything to me when i walked right by him sitting in his truck. I was the only person on the beach.

·
Registered
199 Posts
sweet catch. good to hear i was planing to hit it up some time this weekend, if you are out their ill see you around.:fishing::fishing::fishing:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know you were rockstar.:)

Wsj is located at the end of ocean view beach.

On a side note when i got home one of the fish had some leasions on it:mad: Couldnt tell in the dark. The sand must have covered it up as well. It also had 3 isopods on it. One on the tail, one on the top dorsal and one on the arm fin. Its cleaned in the fridge and i dont know what to do with it.:confused: I gave the good one away already.

f.y.i
One stomach had a mantis shrimp the other was stuffed with whole p bunker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts