Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon fellows anglers,this is just a reminder, keeping your distance from large gray ship and the black one too at least 100yrds or get the 250,ooo fine w/6mths in jail do not pass go to get your $200. Aslo there is a no stop or anchor beneath bridges or in the channel or over the tubes or expect o be boarded by you know who- the po po. And Im not a po po or anything like him I just wanna help out due to my latest fine ciao :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
...Aslo there is a no stop or anchor beneath bridges or in the channel or over the tubes...
Where did you hear this at? The only thing I've heard that they are finally enforcing was no tying up to the pilings. This is not a new reg. Maybe Tom Powers can jump in here, as this was discussed over on the Tidalfish board..

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have not heard anything about anchoring over the tubes. The last I heard was that you had to remain more than 20 feet from any piling. They were using a law about hazardous material under a bridge (your gas). tying up to a piling has been illegal for a number of years. All I have heard about was warnings, etc. No tickets.

At this point in time nothing would surprise me.

So . . . SaltH2O what specifically did you do that caused a fine and who wrote the ticket? Were you rude? Did you not comply with directions and they got miffed? (Been there done that off the water many many years ago. Now days I just do what they say, smile and wave as I leave.)

I just wish that the VMRC site would post something stating specifically what is and what is not allowed and the press would make it known. Lee Tolliver wrote an article about this a few weeks ago, but he had to call and ask.

Oh and does anybody know about the HRBT/MMBT/JRB and what they are enforcing there. In my book damaging a section of the CBBT would be a pain but the HRBT would goof things up royal.

I guess I will fish the flats in 3 to 6 feet of water. There is no way that I will be in the way of a warship there.

Maybe I should anchor my row boat under the bridge? Wink wink.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.